Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi Guys- From the land down under!

More
4 years 11 months ago #28685 by Mic
Hi Guys/Girls,

Just a quick g'day from the land down under! Huge shout out to Scanner Danner for the work you put into your content. I would say I've learnt more diagnostic techniques from your content than I did during my apprenticeship.

A little about me- I completed my Completed my Automotive Mechanical trade certification through a Ford Dealer here from 2004-2007 (it's meant to be a 4 year apprenticeship in Australia) Ford was sort of on the front foot regarding competency based training so I was able to finish early with Fords 'Advanced Technician' Status. In 2007 when I finished up I moved into a Diesel Fitter field service position with a Hire Company that specializes in Access Equipment (Boom Scissor Lifts) Generators and earth moving equipment. I was in that position for 3 years then moved again into the Mining Industry working on a fleet of CAT 789 Rear Dump trucks and did that for 2 years. Then was offered to come back to the same hire company again into field service for a year then was promoted to Workshop Manager in 2012 to current. I don't do any filter spinning etc anymore- the majority of my work on the tools is all Diagnostics- and all of those foundation type skills have come from Scanner Danner's content. I still play around with the odd Car/truck-during my days and in my spare time- However the Construction/Mining/Resource industry pays significantly better in my part of the world. Anyone looking to the do the same I would highly recommend- Some companies will be hesitant to give you a start as they seem to look down their noses at Automotive Technicians. They think that because we are trained on smaller vehicles, that someone translates to being inept in working in this field. I can tell you this is not the case! the majority of Diesel fitters I've worked with (with the exception of some OEM CAT/Komatsu) fitters are just parts changers- The parts are just bigger, and the nuts/bolts are bigger, that is it. In my spare time I play around with my street car- i do my own tuning/engine building/transmission building and a little drag racing-although not as much as I'd like now I'm a father to a little one. . Scanners Danners Content will put you in good stead for anything you want to work on as it is 'foundational stuff' Scanner Danner quote right there! Thanks again Paul- Love your work! Also a quick shout out to Tommy at Positive Lead Diagnostics ( I believe he's a former student of Scanner Danners) Great content also!

Anyway- that's enough about me, just wanted to introduce myself and say thank-you.
Cheers
Mic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #28692 by Dylan
Welcome Mic! Thanks for introducing yourself :)

More
4 years 11 months ago #28739 by Andy.MacFadyen
Welcome to the forum ☺️

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 11 months ago #28934 by Noah
Welcome to the community :)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds