Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello

More
5 years 1 month ago #27839 by mas116m
Hello was created by mas116m
I just wanted to introduce myself on here.

I am not an automotive technician by trade but I am a teacher at a public high school that luckily still has a transportation/ automotive program. We do not get enough contact time with students to train them for any kind of true certification but my hope is that when they go to whatever program they go into they have the best background and understanding of fundamentals as possible. I have been trying to implement as much of a problem solving approach to my classes as possible which is why I was excited to sign up for premium and learn as much as I possibly can. So far I am really pleased with everything I have learned. I will encourage my students who are interested to subscribe as well.

Even though I am not a technician I have been around the automotive and auto racing industry my whole life. In addition I have been doing custom wiring on race cars and hot rods on the side for the past 7 years. That said most of these cars have carburetors and no complex emission control systems that today's production cars have. I have already learned a lot about the fundamentals of testing these systems and I look forward to learning more that I can also pass along to my students.

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #27856 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Hello
First of all you are very welcome among us. You have an daunting task, it would have been easier in the pre-electronic days but to most car owners even.lifting the hood/bonnet is a trip into the unknown never mind taking the engine cover off. If they do all they see is black boxes. So where do you start introducing a youngster to what is actually making a car go.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27862 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Hello
Welcome to the forum Bill. Glad to have you here ;)

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds