Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello

More
5 years 1 month ago #27442 by GoTruckingLLC
Hello was created by GoTruckingLLC
Hello Everyone!

Excited to get the knowledge! Have always had an interest/fear of electronic systems in big trucks. However never actually took a close look at troubleshooting circuitry until finding Scanner Dan's videos. I understood what he was talking about which made me want more knowledge to alleviate the fear of the systems in place on all semi trucks these days.

I make my living as a small fleet owner. Every time a truck breaks down with one of those dreaded electrical issues I cringe! mostly because there isn't anyone I know in my area to troubleshoot the problem with accuracy. The mechanics I do know, only say it might be a problem for the dealer to solve, and I know what that means... correct men if I'm wrong but the common scenario is; 6 weeks of lost productivity, many unnecessary parts thrown at it, questionable workmanship, and big dealership size bills, ETC... now you understand the fear part of my previous statement lol!!

Really though I need to be able to diagnose the problem myself so that it will be done expeditiously and with care and less expensively.

I look forward to this adventure and the time I will have confidence to send amps down a circuit without blowing something up!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 1 month ago #27459 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Hello
Thanks for joining. It's a whole new game when you have the confidence and know how to take on the problems no one else wants to touch.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
5 years 1 month ago #27494 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Hello
Welcome :-)
I know what you mean pressure to get a vehicle or other equipment back out and serving customers and most importantly earning can induce the a push all the buttons at once response that rarely produces results. Every time I start to think of a classic UK sit com character who would run around in a flurry shouting "Don' Panic !

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
5 years 1 month ago #27535 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Hello
Welcome to the forum! I understand your frustration. Many dealerships with parts changers out there. Gives us all a bad name in the industry.

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds