Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Intro; stubborn w. failed smog test 1999 Maxima

More
5 years 2 months ago #26747 by Borgman
Hi. I found scannerdanner far more engaging than the funny cat videos, especially now that I have a problem to solve. Have 2 nissans, 1999 Maxima 90k, 2004 pathfinder 27k (yes, do not drive this one much at all).

The cars have never been to a shop, primarily because all they have required is some TLC and couple of easy repairs.
I like to solve problems and do repairs, and persistence and pride is the reason I now will not take the Maxima to a shop having failed the smog test. I have, with scannerdanner by my side (on my iPad), done some amazing things such as adding propane to my air intake and with a blowtorch found that an O2 sensor does indeed generate up to 1V ... even the faulty one I replaced... Two weeks ago all I knew was that I HAD one (now I know I have three!)

Once they are ready I plan to upload a couple of pages of descriptions of what I have done so far with the hope that I can get some pointers. I am stuck at this point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 2 months ago #26752 by Noah
Welcome to the forum.
If you haven't already, go ahead and post up the details of the issue and tests you have performed in the "post your repair questions here" section of the forum.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds