Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

73 yr old retired Automotive Tech from Las Vegas , Nv

More
5 years 5 months ago #24680 by BigMotor
Hello Automotive Techs/None Techs.
I'm a retired old school automotive technician, retired in 1996, took sick and had to close up shop and take a rest.
Automotive Electric repair was my calling. Theirs a big difference between being a repairman and being a parts changer.
Those who follow Scanner Danner I'm sure are well aware of that. Just happened to see one of Dan's videos on youtube and decided to dig farther and wow was I surprised. He is the best I know and being around as long as I have I know a few. I could write a few books about my life as an automotive tech but I won't go there. I will be stopping by from time to time peeking around in the many forums though! after closing up shop and moving away from the Las Vegas area many of my old customers continue to confide in me about vehicle problems. Technology has changed drastically since I've retired so Youtube is my go-to for some of the late model info. Although I do Have OnDemand 5 as well as AllData on my PC up to 2010. Didn't mean to be a hog on the first day of my registration. Remember this! Proper Diagnostics is the Key. God bless you all. BigMotor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen, Mitchroberson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #24701 by Dylan
Welcome! ;) Never too old to learn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigMotor

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 5 months ago #24808 by Noah
Welcome to the community :)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigMotor

More
5 years 5 months ago #24813 by BigMotor

More
5 years 4 months ago #25173 by Andy.MacFadyen
Welcome :-) New challenges come at an ever increasing rate , and so much of the old stuff gets forgotten. Most of the new tech is good but some is just added headaches we don't need ---- but the challenge of learning keeps our brain working.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
5 years 4 months ago #25214 by Desmond6004

BigMotor wrote: Youtube is my go-to for some of the late model info.

I still use youtube often for simple things like removing a door panel or stereo - lots of helpful info that saves me from breaking things :)

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds