Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi, new guy here.

More
5 years 7 months ago #23004 by Sooknanan
Hi, new guy here. was created by Sooknanan
I’m from Trinidad and Tobago, work in the Oil and Gas industry both on land and offshore. I came across SD YouTube channel and was addicted to his videos. He simplified his approach to troubleshooting in a way that anyone can understand.
I work around various types of sensors and transmitters (pressure,flow,dp, temp, ultrasonic etc) so I can understand a little how the vehicle operates, receiving and transmitting signals.
Where I’m from I’ve never heard of,or seen anyone use a scope, mechanics here just change parts until they find the problem. I was so amazed of this device I bought a picoscope 4425 standard kit. I’ve been in possession of the scope a few days now, since then I’ve scoped everything i can put my hands on. I may need some advice interpreting some captures and thank you for a warm welcome in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 7 months ago #23114 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Hi, new guy here.
Welcome to the community!
There's some great scope videos in Scanner Danner Premium if you want to check it out for a free two week trial.
www.scannerdanner.com/scannerdanner-prem...time-base-scale.html

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
5 years 7 months ago #23119 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Hi, new guy here.
Welcome aboard :-) Yes Paul's videos are addictive :-) good to hear you are having lots of fun with the Pico ( nice choice ) I always tell anybody new to using a scope just to jump and look at everything you can it.
Yes I agree Paul's working from basics approach to fault finding works on anything not just cars :-)

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
5 years 7 months ago #23122 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Hi, new guy here.
Definitely a warm welcome! :)

More
5 years 7 months ago #23363 by Sooknanan
Replied by Sooknanan on topic Re:Hi, new guy here.
Thanks, the scope came with a year premium membership and honestly I haven’t found the time to go through the premium content yet. But I will for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds