Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

new to forum

More
5 years 10 months ago #21360 by kumaren
new to forum was created by kumaren
hi guys,i'm new to this forum . I am from a place called Phoenix , north of Durban South Africa. It is the largest Indian settlement outside India. I have great respect for Paul danner, i am happy to be a part of this forum . i would like to also thank the rest of you guys for the great stuff you put out here. I have not yet met a auto technician here in south africa that uses an oscilloscope to diagnose faults ,most of the guys here rely on scan tools ..parts changers. i would appreciate if you guys can advise me on purchasing a HANTEK 6074BE kit IV. it comes with a large jaw current probe and a small jaw current probe , a clamp that fits over high tension leads and a lot of other leads and alligator clips etc.. the PICO with the similar kit is out of my budget therefore the Hantek. whats your advice and opinion on this . Kind regards Kumaren Govender.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #21362 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic new to forum
First of all welcome, as to to your question, Hantek are a bargain basement the software is awkward use and the quality of the actual items you get is a bit of a lottery and there will be few a diagnostic jobs that it will be beyond its capabilities but remember on most difficult diagnostic jobs any oscilloscope is 100 times better than no oscilloscope

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
5 years 10 months ago #21450 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic new to forum
Welcome to the SD forum ;)

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds