Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Greetings from KCMO

More
7 years 9 months ago #211 by YTInnovativeSolution
Hey there!
Now in my 40's, I'm a man who has recently rejoined the industry of professional automotive diagnostics and repair after several years of being absent from the field. I hold an Associates Degree in Avionics (Aviation Electronics) as my only structured education is from a 2-year Tech School in the mid-90's. Course material covered basic electronics (analog and digital) Avionics, computer and microprocessor architecture, and Wireless (and wired) Electronic Communications. Graduating with a 4.0 GPA, I broke several scholastic records with little effort on my part. That Tech School provided me with the basics of technology and it reinforced my self confidence and ability to teach myself anything I want to learn. So, I sought to learn about anything that holds even minor personal interest while seeking to diversify my skills, this has been my daily lifestyle ever since. Rejoining this industry of technicians in the modern era with things like the innerwebz, databases, affordable tools, and PUBLIC FORUMS introduces a whole new level of self-education that was previously unavailable. Having a sincere passion for the industry, I love solving problems and voiding warranties on new electronics and such - I do with pride and confidence! As an extreme hobbyist, fixing the broken and improving the designs wherever possible and applicable has no limits with my imagination. To narrow it down to stay relative to this forum, here's a list of some of my specialties and highest of interests..

Electrical repairs and modifications done the right way. (Aviation Electronics experience holds very high standards)
Driveability and Diagnostic troubleshooting and repairs.
Instrument Cluster repairs and modifications.
Custom fabrications and tool making.
Interfacing electrical and mechanical systems for fun, function, and profit.
Flash Programming and custom tuning. (Currently seeking more experience in this area)
Learning from a wide variety of sources and implementing my own ideas to improve upon the process and tooling needed to succeed!

I shall conclude my welcome message with my favorite Oxy-Moron --
...Microsoft WORKS!

~YTIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 9 months ago #214 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Greetings from KCMO
Welcome to the new forum! You'll find lots of like minded individuals here.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 9 months ago #225 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic Greetings from KCMO
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing your story.

Don't be a parts changer!

More
7 years 9 months ago #229 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Greetings from KCMO
Nice! Quite an impressive résumé. I welcome you to the new website and forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YTInnovativeSolution

More
7 years 9 months ago #426 by YTInnovativeSolution
Here's something that could pass for my resume' too...

More
7 years 9 months ago #743 by wyatt
Replied by wyatt on topic Greetings from KCMO
A Kanas City man...welcome.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds