Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Long time listener, First time poster

More
6 years 1 month ago #19381 by MattH
I have been in the business since 1999. I have been obsessed with the automobile since I was about 10. I worked in chains and independents most of my career. I tried my hand in the dealer world in 2013 when I relocated from St. Louis to Dallas. Worked at Toyota. The dealer wasn't for me. By divine intervention I ended up working with Christian Brothers Automotive. I was quickly blown away and blessed to be there. Has the independent shop personality with some corporate benefits. Benefits such decent corporate medical benefits and some of the best training I have ever received. I was blessed to get to attend CBA's Master The Difference conference in 2015. It so incredible to everyone from shuttle driver to CEO to so genuinely proud of their job. I don't have much hobbies. I mostly spend time with my family, I have 3 kids to occupy my time. I am currently in school to get my A & P license. I would like to transition into the aviation industry. Automotive is has been decent to me but I see better opportunity (and cool go fast stuff) in aviation. I just can't do the pay scales anymore. I work at a GSE(Ground Service Equipment) shop @ DFW. It feels more like being a truck mechanic, I mainly work on class 5-7 trucks. It's way more laid back. I'm told if you can get into a GSE job with an airline the benefits are amazing and the pay outstanding. Who knows what the future will bring. I love my work but am a firm believer; God first, Family second, Work third, and there is no better baseball team than the STL Cardinals. People here in Dallas just don't get it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #19436 by Dylan
Thx for the intro and welcome! ;)

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 1 month ago #19536 by Noah
Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #19591 by Andy.MacFadyen
Hi Matt sorry I took a while to get round to welcoming you, I also used to work in the airport ground facilities at a medium sized international airport. Although the motor pool was part of the same department but not on my watch but all equipment the MT workshop was . I will need to tell the story sometime of how they got a full size airport fire tender stuck up on a 6 wheel lift and had to rush to borrow another foam tender from another airport to avoid closing the runway to heavy jets.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds