Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from Ireland!

More
6 years 3 months ago #17306 by gijoe50000
So I've been meaning to sign up here for ages, big fan of the ScannerDanner YouTube videos.

I have a 2006 Peugeot 407 1.6hdi SW that I got for cheap ($400) last year that needed loads of work. By loads of work I mean.. timing belt, sunroof not working, window regulator, air doser wiring, heater flaps broken, lots of small things but it was working fine. Except one time it kept cutting out after a few minutes (usually at a junction) and wouldn't start again.. turned out to be a faulty\sticky fuel regulator.. I was quite proud of the diagnosis as it was a tricky one (at least for me).

I also had an abs\esp light that just wouldn't go away! I finally figured out that the previous owner had blocked the EGR valve with a plate, and tweaked the ECU software so it wouldn't show any EGR related error codes. I reflashed the ECU, and then all the errors showed up. I cleaned the EGR which was sticking, and the light finally disappeared!

I go through phases having an interest in car repair (usually when something is broken!) for a few weeks, then I drift off and take a different hobby for a while, like photography, programming or web design, when the car is going well. I'm in the car-repair phase at the moment so thought I'd finally sign up here!

I'll probably drop a post in the repair section shortly with my latest issue.. :-O

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17309 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Hello from Ireland!
Welcome! Glad you signed up ;) Feel free to post as much as you want!

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #17329 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Hello from Ireland!
Welcome :-) glad you got to the root of your troubles , I've also seen issues with so called EGR deletes on common rail diesels a lot of the people selling software tweaks for diesels really haven't got a clue what they are doing. Here in the UK EGR deletes will be clamped down in the revised MOT due in the spring but it will just be a visual check

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 3 months ago #17391 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Hello from Ireland!
Welcome to the forum :)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds