Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New to site

More
6 years 3 months ago #16846 by amarkel
New to site was created by amarkel
I would just like to introduce myself. My name is Andrew Markel, I am the content director for Underhood Service, Brake & Front End and Import Car magazines (I get to write and edit the articles). I am an ASE certified technician and while I don't make a living fixing cars, I do get to work on cars for my articles. Before working for these magazines, I was technician/service writer at several shops/dealerships in the Detroit area.
My main weakness is electrical and diagnostics. It has been a constant struggle to learn about how to use a scope and meter. But, I am making progress every day for more than two decades.
My father was an ACDelco instructor who taught me a lot about scopes and meters. He was one of the guys on the GM tool committee that helped in the development of the Fluke 87 for automotive applications.

Looking forward to being an active member of this forum!
Here are some pictures of my diagnostic cart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16851 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic New to site
Welcome to the forum Andrew! Your main weakness is electrical and diagnostics? Well, looking at your pictures, tools are definitely NO problem :)

More
6 years 3 months ago #16856 by amarkel
Replied by amarkel on topic New to site
Thanks! I have learned that by acknowledging a weakness makes you even stronger than having overconfidence. Also, "why?" is one of the most powerful tools you own.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 3 months ago #16942 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic New to site
Welcome to the community, and thanks for the intro :)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds