Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello From Benin W/A

More
6 years 5 months ago #15341 by Alberthelmuth
I have been a Mechanic from SD where I had my own small shop. Currently my wife and kids have moved to Benin West Africa in partnership with SIM International where we are working with a lease reached group. I'm here working as a supplemental and diagnostic aid to the local shops and garages of Benin.
Here parts are very hard to come by often just used parts form a junk yard which need to be checked before buying which most shops have no way of doing making it a real gamble. Yesterday I spent most of the day looking for a AFR sensor for a Highlander, found one in a junk yard with the heating element shorted, which means I start by contacting other parts people in major cities. Throwing parts at a car is too normal here and half the time the parts thrown at it are worse than whats in the car on top of the parts changed not being the issue.
So I look forward to being a part of this forum. Albert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 5 months ago #15355 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Hello From Benin W/A
Welcome to the forum Albert!
Aren't used parts such a pain?! Good luck finding that AFR sensor, seriously.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 5 months ago #15380 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Hello From Benin W/A
Welcome to the SD community Albert! Benin, West Africa....must be quite an experience!

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds