Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

More
6 years 5 months ago #14342 by Secondwind
New member was created by Secondwind
I have been following many of the Scannerdanner videos on YouTube for several months and admit I have become addicted to them. I got my auto mechanics diploma right after high school but decided to go to college after that and got my degree in mechanical engineering. My initial goal was to work for an auto manufacturer and design engines but I ended up instead working for IBM designing all types of electromagnetic equipment or managing people who did. I am now retired but have always worked on my own cars and felt that my IBM background was gave me unique skills relative to today's cars. The systems used in modern autos are amazingly similar to those we used in computer printers and before that card handling equipment, that is lots of sensors inputting to a controller programmed to understand it all and do something. I have a deep respect for the guys in the shop who get their hands dirty so I will try and ask only intelligent questions, listen and learn and try to stay out of your way.
Secondwind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14343 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic New member
Welcome to the SD community and thx for introducing yourself! That's a pretty impressive career. I'm sure you'll be an asset to the forum. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want and chime in whenever you can.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 5 months ago #14356 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic New member
Welcome to the forum! Ask anything at all, you won't know if you don't know :)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds