Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello !

More
6 years 6 months ago #13882 by gtptech
Hello ! was created by gtptech
I am an AST in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Licenced for 19 years now, currently I work in a very small family shop. The Boss, his kid and me. I do most of the diagnostics and find ScannerDanners eBook awesome ! I have always been fairly proficient, but the more knowledge the better. We have a new Snap-On Modis Edge which I am learning to use. It has graphing abilities and I hope as I read through Paul's book I will be able to use the scanner to its full potential.

Has anyone run into a 2012 Chevy RV/Cube Van/Cutaway with 6.6 Duramax that has had Diesel fuel in the DEF tank ? I replaced the tanks sump, heater assembly and module. Injector and lines clean and working proper. The initial problem/complaint was that the van is in warning level 1, showing "Service Reductant System" on DIC and Reductant light on in the IPC. I took the tank out and opened it up to see what was inside, because I needed to know ! (Tried a Reductant Fluid Quality Test and it failed). The tank seal was super stretched, this was how I found out about the Diesel fuel in the tank. I replaced the damaged parts as per OnDemand Pro and now everything I try to get the warning messages to clear, fails. I am getting many, many codes related to the DEF system, but these are new, know good parts. I am leaning towards the E86 ECM, or possibly the NOx sensors (2) are reading incorrectly ? The latest and only code that has set is the #2 NOx sensor. This code was present before I replaced the tank internals and module.......HELP ! The ECM did throw out a DEF sensor code (part of DEF module and purge valve assembly that was replaced) pointing to the ECM, but I'm a little leary about that at the moment...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 6 months ago #13923 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Hello !
Welcome to the community GtpTech!

I don't have any practical diesel experience to share with you, but try posting your issue in the repair questions section.
More people will see it over there.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds