Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Wadup Wadup

More
6 years 8 months ago #12498 by Seabass86
Wadup Wadup was created by Seabass86
Seabass (Sebastian) here from Portland. Long time SD YouTube lurker. Finally took the plunge into the SD world. I like it here. I own a copy of the book. It feels nice. I'm 30 years old, spent most of my 20's getting my butt kicked around by life, traveling about the country, sleeping in my car.. etc.. I need a skill. I've always held a card in my hand since birth that I've never quite fully played. That card is CARS. Obsessed with em. I spend alot of time reading superfluous facts about em'. I'm a big fan of motorweek Retro video reviews, and Regularcar reviews, car books, etc.. In other words, I like to delve deeply into the history, culture, and technical aspects of all things automotive.

My goal? I wanna Buy/sell/trade and so on. I'm already working on the social/psychological aspects of the buy/sell/trade collectors reality. That in itself is an art form, whom few have perfected.

But when you combine all of that with raw technical prowess ( in terms of diagnosis/repair ), your earning potential (and the fun factor) skyrockets exponentially. I've met a handful of truly talented car buyers/sellers/collectors who know their car facts, history and understand the market on an intimate level. But only a small percentage of them actually have real authoritative capabilities in the mechanical/technical realm (despite being well versed in specifications) and rely on a network of technicians to solve problems with their vehicles. Not that it's bad to have a guy here and a guy there that you can rely on , but the less you rely on other professionals, the better.

I'm impressed with SD's form. As many are. And I'm just plain excited about being here. I have no problems watching re-watching the same videos. It's fascinating to unravel the machine to it's core fundamental principles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12508 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Wadup Wadup
Welcome to the SD community Sebastian! ;)

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 8 months ago #12585 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Wadup Wadup
Welcome to the forum Seabass, thanks for joining us :)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 8 months ago #12675 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Wadup Wadup
Sorry for the delay for welcoming you I hope you enjoy the forum, the members are a friendly lot so you will fit right in. Never be frightened to share an experience or ask a question because we all learn something from every post :-)

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds