Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New guy, saying hi.

More
6 years 8 months ago #11590 by Dead_Eric
Haven't done a forum in a few years so I'll try not to mess this up.

Names Eric, been working on cars since I was old enough to read the numbers on a wrench (or at least get my dad the right one.)

I started working professionally on cars a year and a half ago and can't figure out why I didn't do this 20 years ago. Then I remember prom night and my 1st ex-wife getting pregnant... I took the job with better pay and insurance in the beginning instead. I'd like to say that was my only big mistake back then but I'm sure my 2nd ex-wife or 2 other kids could point out something.

I like knowing how things work and how to fix them... I still squeal like a little kid when a tow truck pulls in the parking lot...

I'm here because I'm starting to reach the end of what the guys at the shop can teach me. Scannerdanner videos fill that gap and explain thing in a way that click in my brain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stratford88

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 8 months ago #11597 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic New guy, saying hi.
Welcome to the community Eric!
I found Paul much the same way. I realised that there wasn't much more to learn from the people with whom I work, and was forced to look elsewhere if I ever wanted to grow my skill set beyond what I was capable of teaching myself on the fly.
Thank God Paul does what he does at the level he does it, and let's us watch him do it!
I would be less than blissfully ignorant for sure!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 8 months ago #11602 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic New guy, saying hi.
Welcome aboard Eric! ;)

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #11711 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic New guy, saying hi.
Sorry I took a while to say welcome to the forum, life has some funny old twists and turns that none of us expect when we are younger, you will fit right in here we are all here to learn and share B)

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds