Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Old Dog Learning New Tricks

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #63205 by CER
Ok, I'm a newbie at doing my own diagnostics. At least with digital tools that is. Just bought a couple of scanners the other day. Nothing fancy, one direct wires the other connects by blue tooth. I use my phone for that one. I do enjoy the challenges presented with figuring out what is wrong with things. Guess that has always been my thing, trying to take things that aren't working so well and making them a little better. 

Anyway, I'm currently using 'Car Scanner' app on my Samsung phone to use with the blue tooth scanner I picked up on Amazon. I'm using 'Car Scanner' because it got a lot of good reviews on Google Play. I also have a King Bolen YA200. It's pretty simple but so am I. 

The main vehicle I'm working on right now is my 1999 Ford Ranger XLT, 4.0 OHV. It's on it's second engine that has a little over 60,000 on it. The bed and frame under it were about shot so I decided to convert it into a flat bed. Had the frame repaired and a new flat bed frame made but it's not on it yet. I did just coat the thing with Durabak bed liner. Not looking so bad. It's growing on me.  

I'm not certain if this is going to end up in the right place. I'm attempting to post to the 'Welcome Mat'.

Thanks,
Chuck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #63210 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Old Dog Learning New Tricks
Welcome Chuck, thanks for joining!
I've owned (almost exclusively) rusty Ford's my whole life. I always figured if I had to do a wood bed, it would be a box so I could hang the fiberglass flare side panels on it so no one could tell ;)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #63812 by CER
Replied by CER on topic Old Dog Learning New Tricks
Hah, interestingly funny. Thanks for touching base.
Chuck

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds