Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New member from the UK

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #62057 by Gaptooluser
Hi Guys

I would describe myself as DIY mechanic having left college with what we used to call in the UK a City & Guilds in Motor Vehicle Practise certificate but that was more than 40 years ago, and my working career had nothing to do with mechanics.

My interest in cars, has mainly been Jaguars having owned several XKs and always doing my own repairs from engine removals to replacing the odd body shell on a heavily damaged XJ. I stumbled on Dan through research on Youtube and would like to further my knowledge on electrical repairs.

My Current project is a 2015 sdv6 Range Rover Sport, I purchased this with a seized engine which has turned out to need a short block and crankshaft. I have now totally rebuilt the engine and managed to drive the car faultlessly for around sixty miles when it developed restricted performance fault. Its currently not drivable as the engine is running very rough at idle. My scanner Gap Tool is showing Maf sensor codes and this has lead me to believe bank 2 EGR valve not operating correctly. Anyway that's a different section.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #62145 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic New member from the UK
Thanks for the introduction, welcome to the community

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds