Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Howdy from the heavy side

More
1 year 1 month ago #60186 by Intermittent
Howdy,
I work at a Freightliner as an engine mechanic. From 6.7l to 15l diesel/cng engines in class 6 to 8 trucks. I have been turning wrenches for the past 10 years as a heavy-duty mechanic after going through UTI. I have done all major engine work on trucks; gear-train reseals, overhauls, engine swings, etc. I got bored with this and decided to get a better understanding of the electrical systems on trucks. This is the short story of finding this forum. I actually made this account in December and never did an introduction, not sure why. I picked up a Picoscope 2204a a little while back and can't wait to get a 4425a. The 2204a has been good to learn with and a lot easier to fork over money for. But now I want 12 bit resolution and the rest of the software you get with an automotive scope. You automotive guys I feel are light years ahead of us with oscilloscopes. Scopes are not as common on the Heavy-duty side. Not as easy for us to find information on waveforms. Last week picked up a Topdon TC001. It's a game changer. Any other heavy-duty guys out there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #60187 by dtatum
Replied by dtatum on topic Howdy from the heavy side
Welcome aboard, I’m sure you’ll fit in just fine. I’ve been on this ride for 45 years but never got in to the heavy stuff. Actually now I at 63 I just point fingers and let the young men show me around. Take care amigo. And once again welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds