Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New member from Scotland. I have a few questions before going Premium..

More
1 year 3 months ago #59728 by Mackie86
Hi everyone.

Having watched Scanner Danner lots on YouTube I finally found my way to here. I am a Home Diyer who fixes friends and family cars. I however usually shy away from electrical issues and send them to local garages. I obviously would like to change that.

The few questions I have before going Premium are; Would this course be suitable for a novice when it comes to electricals on cars? Secondly the cars you have stateside are more big engined petrols we have much smaller engined petrols and lots of diesels vehicles are the skills on this course transferable easily enough to smaller vehicles and diesel's? Third question is about tools many of the tools listed specifically on Scanners Danners Amazon aren't really available in the UK is there similar ones available here that I can use similarly to what you guys use over there? Sorry for the questions but just looking for some guidance before enrolling on Premium.

Thanks in advance
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #59729 by Chad

Would this course be suitable for a novice when it comes to electricals on cars?
Absolutely! Paul (aka ScannerDanner) Danner structured course, specifically, for beginners. :)

Secondly the cars you have stateside are more big engined petrols we have much smaller engined petrols and lots of diesels vehicles are the skills on this course transferable easily enough to smaller vehicles and diesel's?

Yes. The techniques that ScannerDanner teaches are universal. They will transfer to areas reaching far beyond the automotive industry. These skills and techniques can be use to diagnose your household appliances. I have used them to fix my own, as well as a few friends' furnace problems. Just last week, I use the skills that I learned from ScanneDanner to diagnose and repair my automated cat litterbox. A hall effect sensor, is a hall effect sensor. It doesn't matter if it is telling the position of a crankshaft, or the position of a cat litterbox. B)

Third question is about tools many of the tools listed specifically on Scanners Danners Amazon aren't really available in the UK is there similar ones available here that I can use similarly to what you guys use over there?

A bi-directional scantool, a volt meter, and an incandescent test-light will take you a long way. You don't have to get fancy with a scope for most things.

I however usually shy away from electrical issues and send them to local garages. I obviously would like to change that.

This video is a great place to start.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds