Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Tunning with waveform

More
1 year 5 months ago #59115 by Blackknight
Hi to all here.

I am new to waveforms but get how they work. I have done a lot of learning on this subject and see it is a great addition to what I am doing.

I am two years in to custom ECU tuning and electronic building of the same.

I have just finished my own ignition controller and injection controller using an O scope.

Great tool.

This leads to many more options for seeing ways to get all setting dead on for a better tune.

I have used it to get dwell dead on, plug gap dead on read amps and volts of primary and volts of secondary ignition and can see when the coil runs out of time with rpm, And more as you well know is possible.

What I want to make happen is using waveforms to tune fuel and ignition timing.

With my ecu, I have total control over fuel and timing of fuel and timing of ignition and much more.

I will make this happen.

I hope this forum is interested in helping me get to that point.

I can set up a scanner that will have map and rpm with ignition timing and fuel amount in ms in real running time.

From what I have learned so far about waveforms, my idea looks like it should work.

Has this been done, and if so, where can I chat with others doing this?

Any and all input is very welcome.

Very fascinating stuff waveforms.

BK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #59163 by Blackknight
Replied by Blackknight on topic Tunning with waveform
Almost got an induction probe working that I am building. It can now isolate a voltage range to focus on in that area. I like it for limiting the waveform voltage range. For example It can focus on the the burn line voltage and ignore the rest. I can then amplify this area to see more detail. Yes I know all of the waveform has important info on it but for tuning afr the burn line seems to be the best way to see the change.

I lot more work building and testing this idea still to come.

Any one have an opinion on this idea.

I also think it could help with trouble shooting.
Tuning and trouble shooting have a lot it common.

Once I get this working I will I will turn this waveform into a 0 to 5 volt range so I can log the data in reel running time on my ecu and most data loggers.

Logged with load and rpm, good for tuning and diagnostics.

The more I learn about waveforms the more I can see tuning and diagnostics have a lot in common.

Waveform interpretation is just fun and very useful.

BK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds