Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

DIYer - Vehicles & Everything Else

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #59024 by In My Garage
I Googled "Diagnostic Scanner Forum" hoping to come across one but they are pretty well non-existant. Maybe I'll get the info here...?

I am a serious DIYer because I want it done right and the $$$ savings is a distant last. My background as an electronics technologist and also as a commercial pilot and flight instructor where I also worked on the aircraft I flew and the vehicles I worked on since I was about twelve got me to where I am.

Also an expert on battery longevity where the factory installed standard FLA batteries have lasted 14 and 16 years in my vehicles at which time the cars were sold. I noticed and looked over parts of the battery thread on this forum. Well written. I worked in a defense lab for over 20 years with about 5 of them in a battery lab testing batteries and chargers (don't get me going on the promises the charger manufacturers make).

An avid motorcyclist since 1975 that has toured here and the Alps in Europe. Porsche 911 owner since 2009.

Edited to add: I love ScannerDanner's slogan "Don't be a parts changer". I don't know how long he has been around but I came up with "Don't be a parts replacer" well over 30 years ago because I have seen so many friends and co-workers have their vehicles worked on by mechanics that have no diagnostic skills. So what does the shop do; they throw parts at the vehicle hoping the problem goes away. Meanwhile your service bill ends up being grossly inflated. I could give you examples.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by In My Garage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 4 months ago #59033 by Noah
Welcome to the community, sounds like you will fit in just fine

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds