This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Vehicle Security, Programming, Information, Tools, Testing, Techniques, Etc

More
4 years 4 months ago #35822 by Dtnel
A area in the forums that maybe has sub forum areas in regards to Vehicle Security, Vehicle Programming, Security Programming, Tools required for this, license link information for those wanting to get into this as done properly it can be a busy area of vehicle work.

You'd definitely have to be aq mobile enterprise if getting into this type of work full time as I've been looking at it for some time.

Things such as NATSF information links, how to's for getting the equipment, Insurance, Surety Bond(s) (to protect you and your customers from dishonest, commonly referred to as being "Bonded")

This is a area ripe for discussion and the more I've looked into it the more I see where keys are needing programmed. Yes you have locksmiths even getting in on the action. Some people go to locksmiths to get the key and get it cut as some locksmiths don't want to be in on the programming side of things due to equipment and associated maintenance costs tied to it, updates down the road and newer equipment.

I've seen some mobile guys who are actually cutting their own keys identical to oem with the key being security matched as well.

The sub forum could also have a area for verified vehicle security professionals to post and either have the topics marked as visible or non-visible based on settings that mods could allow to be set by the Original Poster. Some things may not be allowed to be seen, don't know if this would be the case as it's a forum and sharing information is part of it but where could that line be drawn? Do you allow them to make it visible/nonvisible, read only by non security professionals, a separate area for learning but also a area for reading and posting as well.

I'm sure there's various areas of interest in this topic. I'd love to find book related content, preferably manufacturer related content to learn about each mfr.

Hopefully this could be a part of the forums as with today's modern vehicles we're seeing more and more security related stuff coming up. FCA is a perfect example in it's early infancy yet but is already changing the industry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35826 by Tutti57
I like this idea. Security is probably my weakest topic, besides transmissions. We have one in the shop now where a 3rd party tried programming some keys and now the BCM is off line and the keys don't work. Someone else is working on it but I may have to help this week.

Nissan Technician

More
4 years 4 months ago #35827 by Dtnel
IS this a Nissan vehicle as well as noticed your sig says Nissan Technician?

More
4 years 2 months ago #37396 by Tutti57
Yes, it was a Pathfinder. I never really got involved besides talking to the tech working on it. It was a bit over his head. He put a new ignition switch, BCM, and ECM in with no changes. Customer traded it in and it's sitting in our back lot. I tried to buy it for cheap but they said no. We will see how long it sits out there then I'll ask again.

Nissan Technician

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #37465 by Andy.MacFadyen
I now can create transponder keys for BMW EWS3 systems --- should also work on EWS4 --- the programmer was a low cost AK90 unit and worked a lot easier than expected, YouTube has its uses. Still inside knowledge required as I tried it on Rover keys which are also EWS3 and it can't read them.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds