This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Forum requirements, should we have them or not

More
4 years 3 months ago #35820 by Dtnel
This is a touchy topic even with me in some forums but at times (more than not) I see the need to contribute to sites isn't something that people really want to do and it could possibly create content shortage possibly. Not here though I feel.

I've seen with some forums that top can't create a new topic until you've either replied to a certain amount of topics as it can be construed in various ways but also cuts down on spam and alot of "fly by" members or however the forums industry, mods, forums owners categorize them.

Has this something that's ever been considered here at the scannerdanner forums as I can honestly attest and say I see alot of the same people answering questions all the time and don't get me wrong as there's nothing wrong with that.

Another suggestion would be to break the forums down by category (suspensions, fuel, case study, theory, brakes, wheels, engine, trans, etc.. and maybe as they build out over time go by brand, etc.

I've seen the site grow quite a bit from the beginning and will continue to watching it grow.

Back to the earlier forums maybe chapters from Paul's book, teaching theory could be another way they do it. Yes at least more ground to be covered on the site admins and moderators but it can also overtime help people drill down to the content they need in addition to use in the search box. For example I could go to a grouping and then search within that grouping, that would seem quicker then sorting through a bunch of posts. Maybe it can be done already and I'm not aware of as all forums have their pros/cons, perks, non-perks, etc....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds