This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Improvements for the Mitchel1 subscription site

More
5 years 1 month ago #27157 by Marti
I've been using the Mitchell1 DIY site ( www.eautorepair.net ) but it is difficult to come back to a place without memorizing the path. This is almost like the old Excel spreadsheets that used a menu system that you would have to memorize where information is stored stepping through the menu each time.
I suggest that they allow a user to mark favorite locations, or have a folder where you can save pages, or figures, or tables that would be easy to come back to. It would also be nice if the software would return you to the last location since your last log in. They could also make printing tables, or a text that you select easier, in order to take the paper to the vehicle for diagnosis (sometimes the internet connected computer is not near the stalled car).

I think if an important celebrity like Scanner Danner brought these improvements to the attention of Mitchell1 staff, then they would program the site to be more user friendly. I've also submitted these changes to Mitchell1 at this site: eautorepair.net/Marketing/html/help.asp?VID=&Count=Y

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27291 by ScannerDanner
I don't think the full program that I use allows these features either. Can you take some screenshots of the menus so I can see if they are the same as what I am using? Thanks!

Don't be a parts changer!

More
5 years 1 month ago #27369 by Marti
I'll try to send you screen shots but this quick reply doesn't allow attachments.

Marty

More
5 years 1 month ago #27370 by Marti
Ok , here are some screen shots from Mitchell1 to show if it's the same service as the one you use.

I think the information is great on this site but It's difficult to keep track of where things are located. Perhaps there precautions for not letting people copy large portions of the site and selling the info... but there are a few things that would improve the continuity of using the site for different sessions. I hate when you let it sit idle too long and it automatically times out, then you are spending time trying to get back where you were....

Marty Costello
Attachments:

More
5 years 1 month ago #27402 by Marti
I also posted a problem that I have been unable to resolve in about a month of trying, on my 2007 CTS base with 2.8 liter. The data system is set up in what they call a hybrid star type, having both the single line GM Class 2 data line to most of the modules, and the high speed GMLAN (twisted wires) for the ECM and TCM. The resistance is 60 ohms on that system. I lost some of the IPC's gage info (gas level and ECT) and began having more difficulty with the key not being recognized so I replaced the ECM with a junkyard ECM that I pulled myself (similar VIN and setup as my car). Now my gages are back but still I can't reprogram for key recognition although my scanner is a two way communication type and I have input VIN info before. My scanner can obtain some data from the ECM but when I look at the ECM's ID info I get an error "no communication". The advise I got from the repair forum was to take it to someone with a Tech2 and an active subscription in order to reflash and change the VIN. My problem is that with no communication to the ECM I'm likely to be charged a lot of money to troubleshoot the no communication issue before I can get the VIN changed on the junkyard ECM. I've looked at the Class 2 data line with a scope and it shows communication with square waves at about 6 volts peak. I've pulled the 3 splice packs on the Class 2 data line with no success on getting the ECM to show ID using my scanner. Perhaps you could give me a short call to discuss?

More
4 years 1 month ago #37063 by Dtnel

Marti wrote: I also posted a problem that I have been unable to resolve in about a month of trying, on my 2007 CTS base with 2.8 liter. The data system is set up in what they call a hybrid star type, having both the single line GM Class 2 data line to most of the modules, and the high speed GMLAN (twisted wires) for the ECM and TCM. The resistance is 60 ohms on that system. I lost some of the IPC's gage info (gas level and ECT) and began having more difficulty with the key not being recognized so I replaced the ECM with a junkyard ECM that I pulled myself (similar VIN and setup as my car). Now my gages are back but still I can't reprogram for key recognition although my scanner is a two way communication type and I have input VIN info before. My scanner can obtain some data from the ECM but when I look at the ECM's ID info I get an error "no communication". The advise I got from the repair forum was to take it to someone with a Tech2 and an active subscription in order to reflash and change the VIN. My problem is that with no communication to the ECM I'm likely to be charged a lot of money to troubleshoot the no communication issue before I can get the VIN changed on the junkyard ECM. I've looked at the Class 2 data line with a scope and it shows communication with square waves at about 6 volts peak. I've pulled the 3 splice packs on the Class 2 data line with no success on getting the ECM to show ID using my scanner. Perhaps you could give me a short call to discuss?

Marti what ever became of your ECM issues and how did you go about resolving / getting them resolved?

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds