This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

The ultimate diagnostics website

More
5 years 5 months ago #24509 by Desmond6004
I've thought about this before. It would be really handy to have a site that has categories for each vehicle with the ability to do a search by trouble code and vehicle - along with a graph next to each trouble code showing what caused the problem by percentage.
EG: Nissan QR20 P0340 with a graph showing "faulty CAM sensor" 20%, "stretched cam chain" 80%....
This would save having to scour different forums all the time for faults that happen on different vehicles - and bring it all together
into one community with all the information.
Of course the site would also include reference scope patterns for the various systems :)

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 5 months ago #24514 by Noah
Many service info providers have statistical fix information like that as well as community based repair information.
All data
Identifix
Mitchell

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
5 years 5 months ago #24531 by Desmond6004
And they all cost money to join while none of them have everything in one place. I believe a site that offers all of that will generate a lot of income from advertising and could possibly also be a paid site for people who want access to reference scope patterns (cam/crank etc.)

More
5 years 5 months ago #24779 by Mitchroberson
Actually my cheap bluedriver code reader does this. However there are always problems with statistics. So lets say 20 Mechanics receive the same pxxxx code. And 15 change the part and mark it as a fix. however the customer has same problem but because it was not fixed they take it to a different mechanic. Now the numbers are skewed.
Remember statistics are only as good as the data that is fed into the system.

More
5 years 5 months ago #24786 by Desmond6004
On average with hundreds of thousands of people providing input the numbers will be good enough. Also just because 90% of people say that replacing a certain part fixed the issue it obviously doesn't mean it will fix the problem 100% of the time - only 90% of the time. People need to know how to read statistics and understand they are not guarantees - and most people do.
As an example someone may get the P0340 code on a Nissan with a QR20 engine. if it has over 200000km on the clock then maybe 80% of the time it will be a stretched cam chain while maybe 15% of the time a crank sensor leaving 5% for "un-recorded". Statistics are just a statement of possibility - not a definite fix.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #25768 by Desmond6004
I'm trying it out on 2 week trial website just to bounce ideas back and forth - as an example I've put up autoelectrical.discussion.community/post...0-nissan-9966067code P0340 for a Nissan - still trying to work out the best way to do it before deciding to go for a paid subscription and going 'all out'

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Desmond6004.

More
4 years 8 months ago #31975 by tim.smith1
identifix imo is the best out there for this i have tried using that kind of info and it is somewhat helpful but just like a forum people in general will ask for help when needed but will not make sure to help others in the future meaning if they say the crankshaft sensor fixed the car and then the car comes back with the same problem most will not even if given the chance go back and change it on the site what fixed it. like in forums you get all theses people asking for help and you get to the end of the forum and the results or the outcome was never posted so you are left with questions on what fixed the car in theory it works in practice it fails.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds