This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

premium videos

More
6 years 2 months ago #17597 by Sterline80
premium videos was created by Sterline80
Just thought I'd give me 2 cents about the premium layout. I preferred the way it was laid out on youtube. I could click on the premuim youtube channel, click videos tab and see all the videos along with the thumbnail in chronological order with the title. It made browsing the videos easier in my opinion.
Also I'm now here so maybe It's just hidden to me but some of the older videos i can't find. I remember watching a good no start on an older jeep 4.0 where the dist gear was put on backwards. I didnt see it under the "no start" section.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, BP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17973 by Paul88
Replied by Paul88 on topic premium videos
I agree with Sterline 80 the layout needs looking at. We need to see the videos in the order that they where uploaded regardless of which section they apply too. On You Tube I could log in and see any new videos that had been added. It also marked the ones I had already watched. This is not good and needs looking at soon. Although I'm on a rolling monthly subscription I rarely visit this new site. Too much hassle trying to find new content.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 2 months ago #17980 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic premium videos
Are you guys getting the email notifications? They bring you right to the latest video. The next most recent ones are listed in chronological order.

I understand your frustrations regarding knowing where you left of watching, and which videos are older or newer.
Know what you've already seen at a glance enhances the experience and makes it easier to tick through all the material.
When all the premium content was moved to the site, it was all within the same few days to weeks.
When I asked about adding the dates before the launch, I was told that the date labels would reflect when they uploaded here and not when they were released, so the decision was made to start adding dates to new material as it's added.
I'll bring this thread to the attention of Scanner Danner and the webmaster Onyx.
Hang tight and realize that this a fluid work, always progressing. Your input is valued and doesn't go unnoticed!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
6 years 2 months ago #17996 by billtest
Replied by billtest on topic premium videos
The way i had to add videos in a rush the dates were not important in how i added them. So there is a large set of videos on days and they fall in order as in chapters and listings as i added them. This was done to save time and Paul needed this to be setup like chapters and not individual videos. The new videos from last year when the service launched have correct date for when they videos were released to the Premium Members. The way we let people know of the new videos was not just the emails but also the listing of videos on the side of the main chapter listing. This is done with dates added to them and also fall in order of how they are released. I am working on some sort of youtube type layout but there are more pressing matters on the site i need to fix first. After i get caught up ill finish the layout everyone has asked for.

-onyx
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner, Dylan

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 2 months ago #17999 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic premium videos
Thank you for the quick reply Onyx.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 2 months ago #18002 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic premium videos
Something else that will help Wyatt, is if we lose the search box on the home page of ScannerDanner Premium. Or make it the "Premium Search" box that is found in the menu tab. Can we do that?
That regular search box is pretty much useless.
This will help people find specific videos like the Jeep video mentioned above.

Don't be a parts changer!

More
6 years 2 months ago #18003 by ScannerDanner
A few things to add. When looking for a video, use the "Premium Search" box that is found in the menu tab, not the one on the home page of ScannerDanner Premium. (I'm looking into changing this).
Second, I don't remember the Jeep reversed distributor gear being a no start, was it? That's why you won't find it in that playlist.
Lastly, I just want to say this has been a huge undertaking and as Noah stated, we are constantly working on and improving things. It truly is a full time job, just handling the website side of things.
Thanks for your patience guys and thanks for your support.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
6 years 2 months ago #18004 by ScannerDanner

Sterline80 wrote: I remember watching a good no start on an older jeep 4.0 where the dist gear was put on backwards. I didnt see it under the "no start" section.

I had trouble finding it too. The "Premium Search" was the key. It is in the Chapter 22 No Start, No Spark playlist.
www.scannerdanner.com/scannerdanner-prem...spark-diagnosis.html

This confusion is partly my fault as I have another playlist called "No Start Diagnostics"
The difference with these two playlists would be in the spark. If it has it or doesn't will determine which playlist I'm putting it in. Then there are variables within this too, that make it difficult where to put a particular case study video. Again, the Premium Search box is the key and most people don't even know it's there.

Attachments:

More
6 years 1 month ago #18052 by Paul88
How do I get the email notifications ?

More
6 years 1 month ago #18058 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic premium videos

Paul88 wrote: How do I get the email notifications ?

Just click menu -> Select ScannerDanner Premium 'More' -> ScannerDanner email

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner, Noah

More
6 years 1 month ago #18577 by Sterline80
Replied by Sterline80 on topic premium videos

ScannerDanner wrote:

Sterline80 wrote: I remember watching a good no start on an older jeep 4.0 where the dist gear was put on backwards. I didnt see it under the "no start" section.

I had trouble finding it too. The "Premium Search" was the key. It is in the Chapter 22 No Start, No Spark playlist.
www.scannerdanner.com/scannerdanner-prem...spark-diagnosis.html

This confusion is partly my fault as I have another playlist called "No Start Diagnostics"
The difference with these two playlists would be in the spark. If it has it or doesn't will determine which playlist I'm putting it in. Then there are variables within this too, that make it difficult where to put a particular case study video. Again, the Premium Search box is the key and most people don't even know it's there.

Like I said I am newer to the website (not to youtube). The way I looked at it was any group titled " Chapter X: XXXX" was a basic theory category with just info and class room videos associated with said topic. Something I wasnt interested it. So I never even clicked on any of those. So THAT'S were all the videos are....

More
6 years 1 month ago #18641 by ScannerDanner

Sterline80 wrote: Like I said I am newer to the website (not to youtube). The way I looked at it was any group titled " Chapter X: XXXX" was a basic theory category with just info and class room videos associated with said topic. Something I wasnt interested it. So I never even clicked on any of those. So THAT'S were all the videos are....

Sorry for the confusion. If I had a case study that directly corresponded to a specific chapter in my book, that is where I placed it. I needed a way to organize the case study videos better than they were on YouTube. I just had 150 videos listed under a playlist called "case studies". That wasn't good enough for me here.

More
5 years 11 months ago #20526 by Paul88
Not having the videos in You Tube chronological order is not good. Up until the move to the new website, I was fully up to date on all videos. With the new format the videos are placed in the relevant section and are then lost forever. How do you know what you have missed ? This issue needs to be a priority and not left on the back burner for future development. Any thoughts ?

More
5 years 11 months ago #20527 by ScannerDanner

Paul88 wrote: Not having the videos in You Tube chronological order is not good. Up until the move to the new website, I was fully up to date on all videos. With the new format the videos are placed in the relevant section and are then lost forever. How do you know what you have missed ? This issue needs to be a priority and not left on the back burner for future development. Any thoughts ?

I agree 100%, I just got off the phone with Wyatt (my web designer) and we are working on this right now. I agree that once the videos are placed in the relevant playlist, they are lost! I did not realize how short my "New Video" list was.
Until we get this completed (Wyatt mentioned a few weeks) we will be at least getting all of the new videos (never uploaded to YouTube) into a dated playlist for you guys. There will be about 50 videos in this playlist with some overlap (maybe 10 or so of the latest videos that were uploaded to YouTube) and they will hopefully be available in the next few days.
I'm so sorry for this serious over site. Thank you for the suggestions and comments. Keep them coming, I'm listening.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul88

More
5 years 11 months ago #20559 by Paul88
I look forward to the new playlist, thanks for you prompt reply. Paul88

More
5 years 7 months ago #23186 by Paul88
Any news on the updated playlists ? Not sure how many videos I've missed under the current format. I think this needs dealing with sooner rather than later. An update would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

More
5 years 7 months ago #23191 by ScannerDanner

Paul88 wrote: Any news on the updated playlists ? Not sure how many videos I've missed under the current format. I think this needs dealing with sooner rather than later. An update would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Yes, there is a new videos playlist in the drop down menu of SD Premium. It's been there for months. Thanks!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Scannerfanner

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds