This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Casting SDP videos to TV (SOLVED FEEL FREE TO REMOVE)

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #15927 by Mossy1985
Hi all, i dont have a laptop or tablet for viewing videos on but when SDP was on Youtube i could cast the videos to my tele for great detailed viewing.
I am wondering if the casting is something that can only be done on Youtube or is there some way that the video player that Paul is using on his SDP videos now can be adapted to do the same?
If it is possible then my suggestion/request is that it is installed. Nothing worse than watching a great video on a small screen

Thanks

Dave

Searching for knowledge
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Mossy1985.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15929 by Andy.MacFadyen
Casting to a Chromecast from the Chrome browser works nicely, from other browsers usually not. Although it is supposed to work I have always been unable to cast to Amazon TV devices from Windows. At the moment I don't have a Roku box so have been unable to test that.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 4 months ago #15931 by Mossy1985
Replied by Mossy1985 on topic Casting SDP videos to TV
Im not hugely tech savy Andy if its on anything apart from an automobile lol
I have chromecast on my phone which has mirror function but that is different to how the casting works on Youtube.
Could you perhaphs guide me on what i need on my phone to allow me to use casting like i can on Youtube? It would be most appreciated.
If i use Youtube to cast then i can leave youtube and use my phone on other apps and it doesnt affect the video in any way. Also i can turn my phone screen off and the video still plays etc

Thanks again Andy

Searching for knowledge

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #15939 by Andy.MacFadyen
I had a try at casting from an Android phone no great problem doing to Chromecast from Chrome Browser or other Google product and the whole screen can be mirrored (easier on some phones than others) to Chromecast but casting to Amazon devices are a total non-com except from a Kindle Fire HD.
I don't currently have Roku product as I gave my Roku 2 away but I think it should work.
One problem with casting from a phone is the sound tends to skip as it saturates the WIFI Lan.

Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15941 by Dtnel
Replied by Dtnel on topic Casting SDP videos to TV
IF you have a laptop with a HDMI port and can view the videos in a larger format on your laptop (Haven't tried since the SDP switch) then one thing I do is hook a HDMI cable to my laptop and to the TV. Once you get the video going you can hit the " Fn " Key combined with either F5 or F6 on my laptop and it will turn the laptop screen off and play it on the TV.

I myself like you like being able to send YouTube content from my phone to YouTube. I do know there is still scanner danner videos on YouTube and I think if I recollect properly I came across some before I registered for Premium (After he'd switched to website) that said I needed a subscription. You can always check and see what you can find or if you can get to them somehow from a previous login for say if you'd been with him on YouTube before.

Another option which I'd do but getting ready to head out door is Google what you have in mind such as how to cast from xyz type of video player to your TV using Google cast. Ever since google has been around I use it for everything including accessing scanner danner videos while out doing mobile stuff for reference if I've not did a certain thing in awhile as it helps me refresh my memory.

As I tell my kids and those who know me " Google is my lifeline ". It can be yours with a few strokes of the keys as well. I will try to see if I can figure this out over the next couple days and post bacc but no guarantees on it. I have to make sure they build my scannerdanner premium or that my trial. Is still working. It's complicated I can't explain why I have to make sure but just something happened one day and that's why I need to check and make sure it works properly so I can access those videos and try what I need to try. No I'm not doing anything illegal either I don't like the dmca people and don't want them knocking on my doors.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15954 by Mossy1985
Thanks alot for the input it is most appreciated. I have managed to get myself sorted out and am k ow enjoying SDP material up on the big screen

Searching for knowledge

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 4 months ago #15955 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Casting SDP videos to TV
Care to share how for other people trying to do the same?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 4 months ago #15956 by Mossy1985
Certainly Noah sure thing. All i did was download Chrome browser from the app store onto my phone, and I had previoulsy bought a Chromecast dongle. When you go into SDP and view a video using the Chrome browser it automatically comes up with the cast option in the bottom right corner and bingo. This allows you to use your phone as normal such as viewing FB etc and the video just keeps playing on the tele

Searching for knowledge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dtnel

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 4 months ago #15957 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Casting SDP videos to TV
Thanks!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 2 months ago #17326 by mioton
Replied by mioton on topic Casting SDP videos to TV
I was having the same problem, I have 3 smart tv, ruku, fire tv, and nexus, I can used all these devices if I used scannerdenner YouTube video, but not from his premium video website the device that I was able to cast was nexus, now I I used web video cast and now I can enjoy it the same as before.
Please Paul spread the word or any body out there, and if you don't like add like me you can get the premium.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17344 by Andy.MacFadyen
With Amazon tv devices you can use the Bing or Firefox apps no casting involved. I have bing setup with scannerdanner.com as home page and Firefox for Youtube.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds