This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

How about a ScannerDanner "This is my mobile kit" exclusive video.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14707 by Dtnel
Loved seeing you get that Picoscope out @ScannerDanner on the jobs you do but the main one was the Van you did the other day where you said it was a "Piece of Crap" from the get go. Whatever became of that van with that issue or do you not know?

Maybe you could do a exclusive video on your forums and do a run down of your "mobile" diagnostic tool set you take with you and go over everything you have and why you have when it comes to the specialty stuff, tools, etc for your mobile diagnosing.

Also it would be good to get a walk thru of what you do in regards to the production of a video from start to finish, cameras, software, etc. (Separate Video)

I'D watch a half hour or hour long video about what you take doing mobile diagnostics and why. Also would like to see how you go about doing any ecm or other control module programming when mobile or do you normally use the internet of the shop you're at for the hard wire connection they recommend for programming?

Do you use a certain type of programmer, snap on pass thru, drew tech, mongoose, etc??

I think a few videos when you have a slow period about it would be great. IF you did that I'd subscribe just to watch those videos alone and the classroom stuff.

I've read your book twice but to be honest the book without the videos is less entertaining as with most mechanics and this is my belief that the hands on real world situations and/or videos when combined make the experience a whole lot better because you actually see it being done, talked about, conveyed to the viewer as you do.

I learned more in the time watching you use that Picoscope than I've learned reading countless articles, user manuals etc.

The more I apply those physically the more I'll remember them as well. I sometimes just hook up stuff so I understand how the waveforms go and how to set the settings.

Between you and the guided component tester on my modis edge I become more and more confident in my ability to use/view waveforms from a scope whether it be a Picoscope, UScope, or Modis Edge Scope.

I should quit making this a hobby / passion for fixing my stuff and helping friends and maybe start making some of my tool costs back here and there. Keep up the great work and look forward to a couple videos.... wink wink!! @ScannerDanner
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tutti57

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14709 by Tyler
I love this idea! :cheer: A rundown on the mobile kit would be awesome.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14985 by Dtnel
I wonder if the powers that be could grab Danner's ear for a min and see if he thinks this would make a good video or not?

More
6 years 5 months ago #15009 by Tyler
Sure! I'm sure he gets video suggestions all the time, but I'm happy to ask. :cheer:

More
6 years 5 months ago #15032 by ScannerDanner
It's something I've been asked about many times. One of these days I will for you guys. Thank you!

Don't be a parts changer!

More
4 years 2 months ago #37067 by Dtnel
Just wanted to bring this back up being that Caleb it seems is filming more these days for Paul then back 2 1/2 yrs ago in 2017. Time sure flies by when having fun!

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #37071 by Noah

Dtnel wrote: Just wanted to bring this back up being that Caleb it seems is filming more these days for Paul then back 2 1/2 yrs ago in 2017. Time sure flies by when having fun!

Seriously! I can't believe the is third Scanner Danner forum!
Or that I still see posts from some of the same people that were around for the first incarnation (Cheryl comes to mind. Also Gilbert and I'm pretty sure Juegen :) )

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Noah.

More
3 years 11 months ago #39509 by Dtnel
I've actually asked a time or two ago but Paul was busy with school, filming, life. I get it though.

He'll have love for us someday and let us peek into his world.

With his brother having a shop Paul may be working on a green screen so when he goes there he still appears outside... Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

More
3 years 1 month ago #47372 by Dtnel
Had to bump this. Note the green screen comment @ScannerDanner @Noah
@Tyler

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds