For those interested in the other side of eternity

Complacency Destroys

More
2 years 8 months ago #50852 by ScannerDanner
32 For the simple are killed by their turning away, and the complacency of fools destroys them;   33 but whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster."   (Proverbs 1:32-33, ESV)

I've been complacent for far to long, and as a result, I have, at times, been overcome by anxiety and fear of things that I cannot control. It is time to start listening again! I've begun to do this very thing: listening, reading and most importantly, applying the Word of God to my life, and this verse holds true! I feel at ease, and unafraid of what is to come. Funny how that works.

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear, jebrooks, Oltronj, scott.tucker, TroyStevens, Williamsruss42

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #55264 by MrMike
Replied by MrMike on topic Complacency Destroys
Very true Paul-
When I was still working, I used to dread going to work the next day and was constantly thinking of what was going to happen at work tomorrow. At the time, I was an alcoholic which made my blood pressure spike, anxiety and constantly thinking of the worst case scenario. I started getting back into reading scripture and ran across that verse over and over- "Do not worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself when it gets here". Or "What good it does to worry? Will it extend your life? Also accepting the fact that Im not in control and realize God and Jesus are in control everything. With the current events of human genocide from war, riots, wokeism, transgender and others, many people worry and are afraid of what will happen, however the Word teaches us to watch for the signs and not to be discouraged because we know the end is near and those of us that believe will watch from above the Valley of Armagiddo . Beleivers should actually be getting excited. I know I am. You take care-

BTW- I quit drinking about 9 months ago and can now spend more time on tinkering around trying to learn auto electrical.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds