For those interested in the other side of eternity

A tribute to my mom

More
4 years 11 months ago #29596 by ScannerDanner
(A quick story of my life)
Wanted to say a public Happy Birthday to my mom this morning. You are the reason I exist, you are the reason I am a follower of Christ. You've shown me who He truly is mom! From the death of my father as an infant, through the years of abuse by my step father, one thing was always there, never waivered, was your faith in God. Oh how you love Him! As a little boy you taught me scripture, my earliest memories of me and Danner and you were so blessed. Then when our worlds were shaken by this man who entered our family, a man who claimed to follow Christ but did not by his actions, a man who destroyed my faith in God. I said f--k you God, I want nothing to do with you and for many years I ran! Yet there you were, a rock of faith, always kind, never judging, always approachable, never a moment where you would say "not right now son"..you never, not once told me, "i can't help you right now Paul, I'm having a bad day". You never judged me and always accepted me for who I was.
You took pleasure in putting yourself last and putting your kids first. Mom I know you still have guilt sometimes for marrying that man, but God even redeemed that! He gave us Max and Barbie! My baby brother and sister. Then as Max senior was on his death bed, after years and years of separation, I watched you take care of this man again. Oh what a gift you gave to Max and Barbie. To see their mom taking care of their dad again.
And what a witness you were to everyone around you. That you could be so selfless as to clean this man and bathe him, when he couldn't do it himself. You allowed us all to see a softness is his eyes that we never got to see in life. I believe he finally knew, on his death bed, how wrong he was and that, in part, by your actions, there was redemption for him too.
I believe we will see him again. I believe he's up there with my dad too.
You allowed redemption to permeate our entire family. You allowed me to see Max senior through God's eyes. You showed me what forgiveness really was! A truth path to freedom. Freedom from the cancer of hate. And most importantly mom, you showed me who Jesus is. You've been a reflection of His glory all the days of my life. If I could only be like you one day. You are my inspiration. You are the rock of our family. One day I will help you carry all of your crowns you've earned in this life to cast before His feet, because I'm certain you won't be able to carry them all yourself. I love you mom.
God is not finished revealing himself to everyone through you, this cancer that you battle now will be a shining example of Him, I know it. He is just helping you write the last chapters of your absolutely amazing life. Mom, I hope I can be as selfless as you one day. You are the most amazing woman I've ever known and this verse applies most definitely to you. Happy birthday mom, may God grant you 15 more :-), that would make you 90 right? I'll take that. Father give her that, help her battle this disease in a way that just glorifies you. We ask for healing and we rest in knowing ultimately you WILL heal her in eternity but selfishly I ask for more time for her here with us. We need her to continue to guide us. Let us keep her a little while longer okay? Just a few hours on your timeline, for you say a day with you is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day. Thank you for giving me this woman as my caretaker. For I am not hers, I am yours, you just loned me to her for awhile. But I couldn't have asked for more and I would not change any of my life, even if I could, for through all of this my heart was shaped, through the pain, I became strong and through forgiveness I learned who you truly are, that you forgave us of so much more, that you died in my place, so that I may live. Thank you for allowing your faithful servant Marlene to be my mom. Happy birthday and mother's day again mom. I love you more than I could ever say.

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dylan, juergen.scholl, SeaBass, chief eaglebear, TheTechWhisperer, Columbus450, Marti, tmcquinn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29609 by Columbus450
Replied by Columbus450 on topic Re:A tribute to my mom
That is so beautiful , man I wish I had a mom like yours ,A mom I can look up too.,, happy Mother’s Day mom keep your head up !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
4 years 11 months ago #29722 by chief eaglebear
Replied by chief eaglebear on topic A tribute to my mom
15 lord god for my friend and instructor this is my heart or whatever that number ends up to be lord you are good and it is your goodness that leads men to repentance and to positive change

More
4 years 10 months ago #30343 by ronald316
Replied by ronald316 on topic A tribute to my mom
that has to be the most beautiful letter i have ever had the privileged of reading you are one lucking man to have a wonderful mother like you have .god bless your whole family.I just reconnecting with god 1 year ago after loosing my way.and on a lighter note your videos are amazing to watch. and hopefully guide young techs in the write direction.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30440 by SeaBass
Replied by SeaBass on topic A tribute to my mom
I just read your letter. The beauty of it words cannot describe. I lost my Mom December 17 2017. Reading your letter brought tears to my eyes, she had extreme faith in our Creator and the day she passed she was still smiling, then she peacefully went to sleep. I will never forget that smiling face! God bless your Mom, and may the family stay strong. I will toss in my prayers for her.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30569 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic A tribute to my mom
Paul I am sure I speak for all the regulars in saying that our thoughts are all very much with you all as you face tough times .......

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 10 months ago #30571 by PDM
Replied by PDM on topic Re:A tribute to my mom
For sure, Andy

Paul, you and Danner are in my prayers

More
4 years 10 months ago #30873 by TheTechWhisperer
Wow, what an amazing testimony... Many Christians totally miss the mark, with the salesman mentality of trying to sell Jesus to others. What your mom did is exactly what Jesus called us to do, and exactly what He modeled for us. How you described your mom is what being a Christian is really all about. Her family is her ministry! Most of us aren't called to be pastors or missionaries - God's calling for all of us is to be a beacon of light in whatever industry or realm of influence we are in, and your mom nailed it. I am jealous to have that kind of intimacy with the Lord that your mom does, because one thing I have learned is... The only way somebody can consistently model Christ-like behavior in the face of any obstacle is to consistently spend time in His presence, talking to Him, studying the Word.

"You will always find the greatest fulfillment in life when you are operating in the gifts God gave you"- Dad

National Director of Technical Training & Mechanical Operations - Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers
ASE Master L1 Tech
BMW Master Tech
Ford FACT Advanced Electronics Instructor

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #38096 by Potanist
Replied by Potanist on topic A tribute to my mom
Beautiful write... Good to be amongst God Loving People. I was trying to decide on which scanner guy site to join and I've picked the right one. The other scanner guy I was listening to on YouTube cursed God's name in vain and that was plenty for me to leave. Lost my mom Sept 13, 2018... I'm still coping with her not being here to see or hear anymore.

God Bless All
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Potanist.

More
3 years 15 hours ago #48417 by timothy.spencer
Replied by timothy.spencer on topic A tribute to my mom
Wow, that is beautiful. What a blessing God blessed you with. I too, know the sting of cancer. My mom, dad, and brother all passed within the recent years; my mom being just a couple of months ago. They were a blessing to me as well. They were all followers of Jesus, so thankfully, I can't truly say I lost them, since I know where they are. Paul, continue to use what God blessed you with to help people and point them to Him. You have truly been a blessing to me. My prayer is that one day I'll know automotive diagnostics so well that I can use it in a ministry to help people and use that as an opportunity to share the Good News of God's Grace with them. Thanks for being a major part of this road God has me on.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds