For those interested in the other side of eternity

Mom has cancer

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #27981 by ScannerDanner
Mom has cancer was created by ScannerDanner
God has my mom's story in His hands. He is writing the final chapters is all.
This is a gift He has given her so she can prove to all around her that what she's claimed her ENTIRE life is real. Not talking about healing here either. I'm talking about mom absolutely shining through this cancer and it being evident to all that God walks beside her.

Will you guys pray for her comfort? Chemo started today. Walk this path with me! If you want to see how a true follower of Christ acts in the face of death, watch my mom. I'll make sure I show you guys.

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear, Columbus450

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #27989 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Mom has cancer
Paul I have had one interaction with your Mon on facebook she came over as a very nice and pretty remarkable lady and very proud of all her family. My thoughts are very much with you, I know you will have tough times ahead but your faith and mutual support will get you through and give her great comfort.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #28004 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Mom has cancer
I'm saddened by that news but, glad to hear that your family has strength and faith during this most difficult time. If you need anything I can provide, I'm here for you.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #28009 by chief eaglebear
Replied by chief eaglebear on topic Mom has cancer
my heart goes out to you paul these are always tough times your faith and strength encourages me I pray for healing right now or whatever god wants !!!

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #28028 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Mom has cancer
My heart and thoughts are with your family and you, my friend.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #28036 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Mom has cancer
Very sorry to hear. :( Happy to provide any support I can.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #28040 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Mom has cancer
I will pray for her comfort Paul. Very sad news. I know she is a strong woman and I hope for her recovery.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Dylan.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #28093 by Ro-longo
Replied by Ro-longo on topic Mom has cancer
Sorry to hear this Paul, any type of cancer is terrible. I just got the news about a month ago that my fathers prostate cancer has spread to other parts of his body. Doctors say he has only a couple of years left. I am not much of a religious person but I hope things turn out well for your mother and your family.

"Silver bullets are for killing Werewolves, not fixing Cars." -Rob Longoria-

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #28149 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Mom has cancer
From friends experiences I know chem is very tough, couple of my friends have told me the second session was the worst so keep your trust in the medics and know your friends are behind you all in wishing her the best outcome.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #28150 by tmcquinn
Replied by tmcquinn on topic Mom has cancer
Horrible thing, man. Peace and comfort to you all.

"I'll never know it all but I'm willing to settle for knowing where to find the answer!"

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #28193 by JacobT
Replied by JacobT on topic Mom has cancer
Paul, this is tough/sad/emotional situation as my mother in law passed from cancer and feel for you. Your Faith and words are strong, as we know God is the one that is ultimately in control. Pray daily, be positive and remind everyone else that comes around your mom to be strong and positive, she needs that positivity now more then ever, let her know your love for her and that you pray for her daily. Heavenly Father has a plan for her and sometimes its not our plan but we trust him anyways. I leave this message with you with all the love I can pour from my heart.

Jacob Taft
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by JacobT. Reason: Misspelled word.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #28198 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Mom has cancer

Ro-longo wrote: Sorry to hear this Paul, any type of cancer is terrible. I just got the news about a month ago that my fathers prostate cancer has spread to other parts of his body. Doctors say he has only a couple of years left. I am not much of a religious person but I hope things turn out well for your mother and your family.

That's tough Rob, sorry to hear about your father. My dad died suddenly the second week of December. He was a strong, intelligent man one day, and just gone the next. I don't know if it's worse to know it's coming or to have the ground pulled out from under you.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner, Ro-longo

More
5 years 3 days ago #28731 by kevinedward1234
Replied by kevinedward1234 on topic Mom has cancer
Paul, I lost my parents years ago to various medical issues, I do wish all the best for her health and for you and your family.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29189 by SHIMHEAD
Replied by SHIMHEAD on topic Mom has cancer
Paul,
I lost my mother to lung cancer March 10th. I am blessed to know she was firm in her faith as your mother is. It was much easier to know her final days here were just in preparation for her move above. I spent as much time with her as I could, and hope you can do the same. Prayers and thoughts in progress for you and your family. I drive past her resting place daily, and say a simple "Hey Momma". Relish your memories both from the past, and each day you see her or speak to her. And please continue to use your gift of teaching and helping others. I have been in the business closing in on 40 years now, many of which I have been mentoring young techs getting started in a dealership. Helping others is my gift as well. I only wish I had more of my MOM in me.

"Common sense ain't so common is it?"

More
4 years 11 months ago #29336 by PDM
Replied by PDM on topic Mom has cancer
Prayers, brother.
What peace it brings to know we pray to the savior, creator, and healer

More
4 years 9 months ago #31305 by Verajp
Replied by Verajp on topic Mom has cancer
Paul, I am truly sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with you and your family and I hope your mom is as comfortable as can be. If there is anything do please let me know.

John

More
4 years 8 months ago #32359 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic Mom has cancer
i will pray for you and for your father my friend, I'm so sorry. Spend as much time with him as you can

More
4 years 8 months ago #32360 by ScannerDanner

SHIMHEAD wrote: Paul,
I lost my mother to lung cancer March 10th. I am blessed to know she was firm in her faith as your mother is. It was much easier to know her final days here were just in preparation for her move above. I spent as much time with her as I could, and hope you can do the same. Prayers and thoughts in progress for you and your family. I drive past her resting place daily, and say a simple "Hey Momma". Relish your memories both from the past, and each day you see her or speak to her. And please continue to use your gift of teaching and helping others. I have been in the business closing in on 40 years now, many of which I have been mentoring young techs getting started in a dealership. Helping others is my gift as well. I only wish I had more of my MOM in me.

Because of Christ we can say "oh death where is your sting". Of course we are sad when our loved ones leave us, but when we know that they are at peace and eternal rest with our Savior, there is an inner peace for us that cannot be described. Also we know that we will see them again!! Thank you Jesus that you conquered death so that we may live!

The following user(s) said Thank You: PDM, Southern_Ways

More
4 years 8 months ago #32361 by ScannerDanner

JacobT wrote: Paul, this is tough/sad/emotional situation as my mother in law passed from cancer and feel for you. Your Faith and words are strong, as we know God is the one that is ultimately in control. Pray daily, be positive and remind everyone else that comes around your mom to be strong and positive, she needs that positivity now more then ever, let her know your love for her and that you pray for her daily. Heavenly Father has a plan for her and sometimes its not our plan but we trust him anyways. I leave this message with you with all the love I can pour from my heart.

Jacob Taft

Thank you Jacob! God is absolutely in control of all things and I will still praise Him even if he takes my mom before I want him too. BTW, I'm spending so much time with my mom. She comes to all my hockey games and I'm building her a new front porch, something she can spend her days in comfort on. She is and has always been a shining example of what a true followers of Jesus Christ looks and acts like. I believe this last chapter of her life is one where she will shine brighter than at any other point in her life. I am honored to witness His grace through my mother. I hate the cancer but I love how real our faith is in Him, as it is being tested by fire, only to be revealed as being true.

The following user(s) said Thank You: PDM

More
4 years 8 months ago #32362 by ScannerDanner

PDM wrote: Prayers, brother.
What peace it brings to know we pray to the savior, creator, and healer

Amen my brother in Christ! So many believers here on my site! I am so blessed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: PDM

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds