For those interested in the other side of eternity

its good to be broken

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #27978 by chief eaglebear
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #37552 by chief eaglebear
Hi Paul I was fired from meineke the manager was a felon on parole he said I didn't find enough wrong in 27 point oil change inspection that's ok I didn't really want to be around a parts changer anyway I watched him tell a lady with a 02 vw Passat her locks were actuating iraddicly I took a look at that diagram on prodemand both wires went to door module and it even showed a waveform which showed it was a pull down circuit I tried to come at him in a humble way since he had many years of dealership and was proud he learned everything hands on whatever that meant I watched him tell that lady that he did not have the right scan tool and that she needed to go to the STEALERSHIP wtf I tried coming to him humbly to try and teach him how to look at that circuit but that wasn't happening I appreciate you Paul I am much farther than I was five years ago I still need to try the ASE tests I feel ready in a way but I don't feel ready in way if that makes sense I will continue to try and improve as a tech I can say 7outof-10 techs do not brace the electrical side and it shows in thier limited capacity
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
4 years 1 month ago #38240 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic its good to be broken
Keep your head up my friend and if you ever have trouble putting food on your table while you are searching for the right place for you, I am here. Please reach out

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear

More
4 years 1 month ago #38248 by chief eaglebear
Thank you Paul it's been a long road and as much video and book instructions I have committed myself too I am slowly getting better as a technician and I will not tolerate unethical approaches , you would not believe the negative and unethical way he ran me and the business but anyway we will look to better positions and shops I was shot down by our local Chrysler dealership too which is fine my stuff is pretty unimpressive as far as certs experience and actual time in a repair shop I knew when I recommitted to the trade it would be an uphill battle there may be some knowledge there I just have to keep trying to put it to together becuase of legal problems incurred when I was homeless it drove a big part of my life into what was basically a distraction from my wanna be professional life and advancement but i may get to the end of this journey and never end up where I really want to be but I'm not gonna be a parts changer and I will maintain my integrity and hold on to my dream of being a good tech and have a real ability to fix equipment NORTHERN BOXER TECHNOLOGIES and KUSHDAKA RACING (tm) and I am interviewing for janitor position today I have exuasted my efforts to get into a good shop (my resume is really unimpressive) I may have to wait till I have my own
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
3 years 8 months ago #41914 by Darren
Replied by Darren on topic its good to be broken
Hey Chief. Was just reading your thread and was touched by your passion for the trade! I'd just like to encourage you a bit. I've been broken by The Lord, quite a few times. I know what it feels like to hit rock bottom time after time but I can honestly say that I would not exchange any part of my suffering that has brought me to where I now stand. I think one of the most important lessons a saint can learn is one of pure abandonment Sund TOTAL reliance on the finished work of Christ. I just want to remind you that the passion inside you to become a technician could very (and probably was) placed there by the Lord himself. I can speak from experience that there is not much room for people with integrity such as yours in the trade if workshops and I truly believe The Lord has prepared a place for you. Hang in there and keep applying NEVER think that your resume is nothing to write home about our is not good enough for a workshop. It's what's in a man that carries value, not what's on a piece of paper! One day your CV will reach the right person, appointed for you by The Lord himself. You will find a shop boet! Never say never.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner, chief eaglebear

More
3 years 7 months ago #42941 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic its good to be broken
my friend, don't worry about these things. What we do for a living matters not. Who we are while we work and play is what truly defines us. Continue to love God with all your heart and put others above yourself and you will not fail in this life. Take that janitor job and pay your bills and start a little side business fixing some cars. And if you need help paying a bill in the mean time, I'll do that for you!

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear, Darren

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds