For those interested in the other side of eternity

"To what end"? Mark 8:36-37

More
7 years 9 months ago #223 by ScannerDanner
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?
Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Just thinking about this verse, as I try to find balance in my everyday life. Let us all remind ourselves about the important things.Tell your spouse and your children, that you love them today. Ask God to direct your path.
Eternity is what matters, this place we call home is temporary and we can take nothing with us.
Love you guys.

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: eduardo.rios, grammymarlene, john.kimmel, rmcw1873, aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1289 by trat50
Replied by trat50 on topic "To what end"? Mark 8:36-37
These verses ask us to look at the big picture. What's number 1 in our life? Where does that lead to? Starting in Mark 8:34 it outlines conditions given by Jesus if we want to "follow Jesus". This is for all, (crowd following along as well as the very inner circle of close disciples). Jesus tells us to deny ourself. The biggest thing in our way, as we turn and follow Jesus, is ourself.

Mark 8:34 And He summoned the crowd with His disciples, and said to them, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner, john.kimmel, aboudi.naddaf

More
7 years 6 months ago #3013 by john.kimmel
I wake in the morning and think of God first, thinking of what I need to be doing this day. Oh yeah better get to shop and earn my living in this world, remembering not to sweat it, as it is my temporary home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds