For those interested in the other side of eternity

Unrelenting Hope for Unrelenting Fear

More
6 years 7 months ago #13648 by ScannerDanner
Unrelenting Hope for Unrelenting Fear

www.biblechapel.org/the-bible-chapel-blo...nting-fear/?thanks=1

Posted by Ron Moore on Oct 05, 2017

Fear is real and unrelenting. It comes by way of a tragic attack as we saw in Las Vegas on Sunday night, or the fear of losing our homes and loved ones in a hurricane. When you feel like you’ve conquered “Fear A,” the inner calm is soon replaced by inner chaos from “Fear B.” While anxiety visits us all, it is a permanent houseguest for some. The question is not “Will anxiety come?” The question is “What will I do with the fear when it arrives?”

There’s never a lack of things to fear in an ever changing and uncertain world.

In Deuteronomy 31:6, Moses told Joshua, “So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” Up to this point, the journey into the Promised Land had been long, slow, painful, and even downright scary at times. Danger surrounded them. Yet Moses knew his successor could handle the assignment . . . that is, if he depended on the Source of Strength.

We may not be facing the same issues that Moses and Joshua faced, but the journey is filled with struggles. A phone call could turn our world upside down. The thing we fear most could come to fruition before our eyes. Sometimes fear is physical. The enemy stands before us. Many times, fear is mental. It swirls in our minds with questions like, “what if the job goes away?” “What if the treatment doesn’t work?” “What if . . .?” When we see tragedy in our world it’s easy to get into a pattern of those “what if” scenarios and allow them to trap us in a prison of fear. Sometimes the “what ifs” turn in to “whys,” and we question God’s love and power.

So what do you do in times like these? To whom to you seek refuge and comfort? It’s easy to keep our sights on the storm.

In times of trouble, the Lord gives us what we so desperately need: comfort, protection, peace – a way through fear.

Relief comes when we take the focus off the fear and turn to the One who can take away our fear.

Our God will give us strength and courage. He will personally walk with us.

Are you willing to give your fears to God and trust that he will take care of you? The Lord is omniscient, so he knows what to do with the challenges you face. He’s omnipotent, so he is able to take care of the situation. Anxiety weighs us down and wears us out. Give it to God. He loves you so much that he doesn’t want you to stumble under the weight. He will never ever fail nor abandon you.  

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear, aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13721 by Olmer
Thanks for sharing,

I was saved by Gods grace when I was 21 which is almost 10 years ago, wow the Lord has been good to me! Through salvation the Lord has given me a boldness and many victories over fear and anxiety, by His grace there is a great strength and power in living a life that has no fear and anxiety in it. However my wife and I had our first child, Hannah Faith Olmer, and she has been a great blessing to us, when my wife went into her 6 week checkup and we discovered she had polycystic kidney diesease. The Lord commands us in the scripture that when we go through trials we are to give Him thanks for the trials, wow! I always knew this verse and we have had many trials and seen the Lord glorify Himself through them and strengthen us in His truth and our faith, but this is more of a trial then I have ever come before and for the first time in awhile i had to wrestle with Gods word and struggle with fear and anxiety. One of the scary things with pkd is they are at high risk for brain anesursms which if it were to form and pop, chances are they are to die on the spot, if not then coma and if they come out of it they have major brain damage, and there are some come out ok, talk about scary, especially with someone who you love, your own very wife. Lately she has been having migraines which become so bad they cause her to vomit and she cant function so she has to go into a dark room with no light and sleep for four hours or so for it to be bearable. We are talking about 3 or 4 times a week, this is happening, this has changed her life to point of she cant plan much and makes it hard to do anything including mine, does this have anything to do with a brain anesursm forming???? She never experienced before in her life so why now??? I was pretty much a mess for 2 months when she was going through this, tearing up randomly throughout different times of the day, pleading with the Lord, trying to find cures and causes, studying pkd to see if this has anything to do with this or not, Then I came to the point about three weeks ago now where I would call a holy moment to the Lord, on my knees I just cried out to the Lord and wept before Him and brought my case before Him, recognizing to Him that I know He is in control and whatever His will is I accept, after this my peace was restored to me, I had great boldness and the fear was gone, praise God! this last 10 days or so my wife and been getting headaches on and off and even some real good days but has not been getting life altering migraines where she cannot function, so Praise God! and we been giving Him thanks every day. Lord willing she will continue to get better, however, His will be done not ours, its the only way to Have peace and not live in fear or anxiety.

Did not mean for this to be so long but once I got going it started to flow, anyone who know the Lord Jesus Christ by faith, please pray for my wife and that she would continue to get better, also hope this helps someone out who might be struggling, scripture, prayer, and faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for your on the cross is the only answer,

peace be with you guys,,, Jared

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Im blessed to serve a mighty God who forgives me with nothing but the grace He has given me by His son Jesus Christ
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

More
6 years 7 months ago #13722 by ScannerDanner
Jared (Olmer)
Thank you for sharing that with us! I will absolutely pray for you and for your wife. In fact I just did. I prayed for healing of course, but even more important, that you both experience a peace that surpasses all understanding.
God is sovereign and He is in control of all things. It is hard to see his purpose sometimes when we go through things like this. Just rest in Him today my brother and stay in the word! It is the only weapon we have.
Keep us posted okay?
Thanks again for being here and for sharing.
God bless you my brother in Christ.

Don't be a parts changer!

More
6 years 6 months ago #13809 by Olmer
Yes I will keep you guys updated, please keep praying for Her we serve a wonderful God who is in control, so far she has been doing pretty good Lord willing it will stay that way

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Im blessed to serve a mighty God who forgives me with nothing but the grace He has given me by His son Jesus Christ

More
6 years 5 months ago #15313 by johnathon.balderas
Prayers for you and your family. Jesus is the light the way.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds