Taking the class from start to finish

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #54823 by Rm370
I looked around on the forum. I could not find anything that gave some direction on how to start taking Paul’s courses now that I have purchased his book. I would like to do the book methodically along with the respective videos. Any suggestions? I find this platform for the site very hard to follow. I’m sure it’s me LOL! Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #54863 by Rm370
Anyone?

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #54864 by juergen.scholl
Depending on preexisting knowledge you may want to start with the first chapters. This will allow you to build a solid foundation not only related to electrical topics but also to get familiar with trouble shooting and diagnostics.

Once you get a firm understanding and a ssteady grip on the basics you could go on reading chapters successively or you pick topics of interest and hover through them as you like. The chapters themselves are comprehensive and build complete units allowing you to study each of them separately. HTH

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by juergen.scholl.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #54988 by Rm370
I was asking about following the videos in a methodical way while following the book starting with chapter one. Where are the respective videos in relation to the course manual?

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #54989 by Chad
Here is a compilation of the video links that are in the book:

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/video-links-from-the-book.html

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #54994 by Noah
I will also add that you should find a way to keep track of which videos you have watched, as the videos do not get marked as "watched" in the library.
It can be confusing because there are multiple semesters of the same material, but they are all presented slightly differently so definitely worth watching "reruns" to pick up something that may not have been covered in a previous presentation.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by Noah.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds