Cadillac converter and five gas

More
2 years 6 months ago #51881 by scott.tucker
I need some update I was ASE Master Certified but has expired 10 years ago going through ASE Motor Age practice test books and having trouble remembering how the Cadillac converter operates and 5 gas need some review on co2 Co and nox can I find a chapter on premium site to help me with this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #51888 by Noah
This premium video briefly touches on the subject of 5 gas @ 47min
www.scannerdanner.com/scannerdanner-prem...ImdhcyIsIjUgZ2FzIl0=

There is some info on using a gas analyzer to help determine the cause of a misfire in ch1 pg 13 also
​​​​​​The motor age a8 and l1 study guides have some 5 gas material and of course YouTube has many videos.

There are no tail pipe emission tests in my state and thankfully there were only a couple questions about it on the a8.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Noah.

More
2 years 6 months ago #51891 by scott.tucker
THANKS Noah, that's what I was worried about, I just figured test a8 would have a lot of questions on it, I live in Alabama and never had emissions inspections here and have forgot how the 5 gas system works ,don't think I ever seen A5 Gas machine that didn't need repair, but I'll check out those videos. Thanks again

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 6 months ago #51908 by Noah
I was worried about the 5 gas part of the test, but it was seriously only 2 or 3 questions and nothing that required any more than a passing familiarity.
At least on the test I got.
Let us know if you find some good training material on the subject

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 6 months ago #51913 by Tyler

THANKS Noah, that's what I was worried about, I just figured test a8 would have a lot of questions on it, I live in Alabama and never had emissions inspections here and have forgot how the 5 gas system works ,don't think I ever seen A5 Gas machine that didn't need repair, but I'll check out those videos. Thanks again
I wouldn't sweat it so much for A8. ;) If you were taking L1, then I'd say you need to study up.

More
2 years 6 months ago #51915 by AJeep18
Same as everyone else. I did not study 5 gas really at all and was perfectly fine on the A8. 

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds