Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2004 HYUNDIA TUSON

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #5530 by dauto
2004 HYUNDIA TUSON was created by dauto
IDLE ROUGH AND ENGINE TUMBLE AND WHEN ACCELERATE IT WILL DIE
NO CODE NO ENGINE LIGHT BUT STILL START THE CAM READ ABOUT 192 IN DATA WILL NOT MOVE

File Attachment:

File Name: tucson2004.pdf
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by dauto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #5537 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic 2004 HYUNDIA TUSON
Moved your post to the repair section.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dauto

More
7 years 2 months ago #5544 by Eagan11
Replied by Eagan11 on topic 2004 HYUNDIA TUSON
A little more information would be helpful, I assume this is the 3.5 V6. I start by looking at the crank sensor wires, Its above the starter, hard to see it. go from the bottom. The sheathing gets hard and brittle and eventually crumbles off causing the wiring to short together.

More
7 years 2 months ago #5592 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2004 HYUNDIA TUSON
Thanks for that data sheet, love it. B)

I see both O2's are dead lean when this was taken, suggesting a possible fuel delivery issue? Or, it may be misfiring badly enough to skew the O2 readings.

Which cam data PID were you looking at when you saw 192? I see the Camshaft Actual and Target matching at around 125 degrees, which tends to suggest timing is OK (or not stuck advanced, anyway).

I'd suggest starting with a couple simple tests to get a diagnostic direction. While the engine is idling badly, you can try adding some carburetor cleaner or brake cleaner to a vacuum line, and see if the idle improves. If it does, that would tend to suggest a fuel problem. If there's no improvement, then we'll go in another direction.

How's the ignition system? If the plugs and wires are ancient, then it could be as simple as some wires arcing to ground during acceleration. Don't hesitate to spray some water at the wires, see if you can expose a problem. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dauto

More
7 years 2 months ago #5606 by matt.white
Replied by matt.white on topic 2004 HYUNDIA TUSON
It's a 2.0 Eagen.

Like Tyler mentioned, the o2's are fixed lean. I'd definitely look at fuel pressure. Next would be a huge vacuum leak, though your maf doesn't look too bad.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #6287 by dauto
Replied by dauto on topic 2004 HYUNDIA TUSON
GUY I NOW GET BACK TO THIS TUCSON SUV WHAT I SEEN IS THAT FOR A 2004 ASIA VEHICLE IT DON'T HAVE O2 SENSOR LOCATED ON THE CAR I DID A HOME MADE SMOKE TEST ALL SEEM WELL BUT I HAVE PICTURE FOR VIEWING
BUT I CANT GET THEM POST I WILL HAVE OPEN NEW TOPIC

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by dauto.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #6288 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2004 HYUNDIA TUSON

d auto wrote: GUY I NOW GET BACK TO THIS TUCSON SUV WHAT I SEEN IS THAT FOR A 2004 ASIA VEHICLE IT DON'T HAVE O2 SENSOR LOCATED ON THE CAR I DID A HOME MADE SMOKE TEST ALL SEEM WELL BUT I HAVE PICTURE FOR VIEWING

Hi friend,
You may need to resize the images. The max size is 1000x1000 pixels, or 750kb.
Make sure to check out the picture posting guidelines in this link to be sure they are the correct format.
www.scannerdanner.com/forum/post-your-re...ting-guidelines.html
Let us know if you still are having trouble!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Noah.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6290 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:2004 HYUNDIA TUSON
Did you say there are no 02 sensors? That's weird... anyways I just thought I'd mention that mass air reading looks high to me for a 2.0 engine data shows 8xx rpm and full closed throttle with a warm engine my conversion says that's 6 grams a second on a 2.0 engine I would expect closers to 3 grams a second

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #6292 by ImBack218
Replied by ImBack218 on topic Re:2004 HYUNDIA TUSON
Yeah, your O2 sensors are literally fixed lean, and you are in open loop with an engine temp of 90 celsius. Your next step is to find out whether this is an actual lean condition, and your long term fuel trim data suggests that it might not be. Can you add a fuel source to the intake and see if your O2 sensors respond?
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by ImBack218.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6295 by Dylan

Noah wrote:

d auto wrote: GUY I NOW GET BACK TO THIS TUCSON SUV WHAT I SEEN IS THAT FOR A 2004 ASIA VEHICLE IT DON'T HAVE O2 SENSOR LOCATED ON THE CAR I DID A HOME MADE SMOKE TEST ALL SEEM WELL BUT I HAVE PICTURE FOR VIEWING

Hi friend,
You may need to resize the images. The max size is 1000x1000 pixels, or 750kb.
Make sure to check out the picture posting guidelines in this link to be sure they are the correct format.
www.scannerdanner.com/forum/post-your-re...ting-guidelines.html
Let us know if you still are having trouble!

Yep be sure to check out the guidelines in Noah's post. MS Paint works fine to resize pictures, personally I use Picasa like Andy mentioned in another topic. Here's the link to that one:

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/suggestion-b...t-and-info.html#2380

More
7 years 2 months ago #6367 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2004 HYUNDIA TUSON
I got your message, d auto, nice job with getting the images to work! :cheer:

Your first image is a cam/crank capture? Finding a known good was tough, the closest I could come was an '06 Kia Spectra. Still, your image matches the known good. Supposedly, the rising/falling edge of the CMP signal (yellow in your capture) is supposed to fall within 3 - 5 crank teeth of the sync notch, and yours looks to be within that range.

The second looks like an injector and an ignition event. The scaling on the ignition is bit off, but the burn line seems to have a slight downward slope to it. Definitely supports what the O2's are saying about the lean condition of the exhaust.

Have you tried adding alternative fuel to the intake, and see if the engine runs any better?

More
7 years 2 months ago #6375 by Ben
Can you check live data with KOEO and wide open throttle take a look at TPS degree and closed throttle switch position

More
7 years 2 months ago #6480 by dauto
Replied by dauto on topic Re:2004 HYUNDIA TUSON
Replying to lean i have done that spray into intake but that is not what causing the popping and back fire it seem take a look at picture i post

More
7 years 2 months ago #6606 by dauto
when check the timing from the cam it was off when set again the vehicle run with out popping and back fire as i accelerate it would not shut down any more
again as i said there no o2 sensor on this vehicle

More
7 years 2 months ago #6607 by dauto
Replied by dauto on topic Re:2004 HYUNDIA TUSON
i will do that and get back to you

More
7 years 1 month ago #6789 by dauto
there no o2 sensors on this Korean vehicle maybe MAF contribute this lean condition as i said from observation stand point the cam was off and so the gear down bottom

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #6935 by Dylan
Moved this reply from the 'ScannerDanner book questions and discussion' to your topic over here. We don't always see this immediately. You can always report this to us.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Dylan.

More
7 years 1 month ago #6939 by Ben
Yes if no 02 sensors are present ignore those lean readings . You fixed the timing? What are your symptoms now? What is your tps readings these rely heavily on tps for engine and transmission

More
7 years 1 month ago #6942 by Ben
Also if my conversion is correct your map reading is to high at idle

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds