08 Audi S5

• Noah
  • Noah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 1 month ago #7065 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 08 Audi S5
Crazy stuff! I'm surprised that an intentional shutdown wouldn't flag an additional code.
I was working on a Chevy the other day that had data PIDs for "# x Injector Disabled Due to Misfire - Yes/No", and I thought
"Man, if only Paul's Audi had a PID like that!"

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #7075 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic 08 Audi S5
The crazy thing is with all the technology on the car why such a crass fall back strategy for a non-critical system.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
7 years 1 month ago #7376 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic 08 Audi S5
Watched part 3. Good idea to wire in a relay ;) Seems Paul was pretty excited to testdrive this German beast :lol:

More
7 years 1 month ago #7378 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic 08 Audi S5
The rolling thunder sound reminded me of days Supersaloon racing in the late 1970's and early 1980's but that is another story.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
7 years 1 month ago #7382 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic 08 Audi S5

Dylan wrote: Watched part 3. Good idea to wire in a relay ;) Seems Paul was pretty excited to testdrive this German beast :lol:

I actually was! And I just acquired a new scan tools for VW/Audi that gives me the meaning of the measured block values!!! It is called HEX-NET by Ross-Tech. I haven't used it yet, I'll keep you guys posted.

Don't be a parts changer!

• Noah
  • Noah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 1 month ago #7390 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 08 Audi S5

ScannerDanner wrote:

Dylan wrote: Watched part 3. Good idea to wire in a relay ;) Seems Paul was pretty excited to testdrive this German beast :lol:

I actually was! And I just acquired a new scan tools for VW/Audi that gives me the meaning of the measured block values!!! It is called HEX-NET by Ross-Tech. I haven't used it yet, I'll keep you guys posted.

I'm interested to see how it works. Those blocks are all Greek to me...

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 1 month ago #7408 by Kirby
Replied by Kirby on topic 08 Audi S5
The ross-tech cable and the vcds software is a gem!!!! Still learning it but a complete software to be able to do annything!!!!! be just aware to record the coding number of a module before trying stuff!!! it's like the ctrl-alt-delete of windows.... ;)

More
7 years 1 month ago #7419 by Dylan
ScannerDanner wrote:

I just acquired a new scan tools for VW/Audi that gives me the meaning of the measured block values!!! It is called HEX-NET by Ross-Tech. I haven't used it yet, I'll keep you guys posted.

Can't wait! :woohoo:

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #7895 by ecwurban
Replied by ecwurban on topic 08 Audi S5
Wow, this really is one for the books. I can totally understand them cutting power because of the mount. I just can't believe they did it without flagging a "Reduced Power Mode Activated" to let you know RIGHT away that it's intentional. If they did that then you could look up causes for the reduced power mode and see the engine mount code and be done in an hour or so. No normal tech would ever think to go after the engine mount first... Mad props for this one! Definitely couldn't have seen this coming... B)

Just a quick note on GDI systems. Be sure to check service procedures. Some manufactures tell you that whenever the high pressure line is loosened it must be replaced with a new line otherwise it could leak. I have a couple friends at KIA and they change them everytime. They say they usually don't leak right away but a few weeks down the road and there'll be fuel misting out the connections. Not every manufacturer says that but either way be really careful with the high pressure lines.

Oh ya, and I'm super jealous about that Hex-Net tool! :P That would be so cool to be able to cycle through the blocks and read what the values are for. My biggest frustration with VW/BMW/Mercedes is the live data refresh rate is SOOOOOO SLOW!! That and they usually give you terrible bi directional access.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by ecwurban.

More
7 years 1 month ago #7901 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic 08 Audi S5
You might find this helpful fora general orientation on the MWB:

www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/m_blocks/

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Dylan

More
7 years 1 month ago #7905 by Dylan
ecwurban wrote:

Just a quick note on GDI systems. Be sure to check service procedures. Some manufactures tell you that whenever the high pressure line is loosened it must be replaced with a new line otherwise it could leak.

Honestly I only change them when replacing the part. I work on a lot of diesels with much higher pressure and so far (fingers crossed) I've had no problems. But it is possible of course :)

More
7 years 1 month ago #8044 by Richey.brown
Replied by Richey.brown on topic 08 Audi S5
I'll back that I have almost never changed any high pressure pipes on GDI or common rail diesel's and I have never had one back leaking

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds