Thermistor scan data fixed at Zero causes?

More
3 years 1 month ago #47518 by Mouldsy2020
Hey everyone! I am currently studying the Thermistor chapter and I came across figure 3 on page 9. It shows four possible causes. I understand options A, B and C but scenario D has me confused. The Voltage sensing box shows 5v. If the voltage sensing circuit shows 5v wouldn’t the computer see 5v? I understand the open signal causes this 5v reading but shouldn’t this be a possible cause of a fixed 5v scenario? Thanks for the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47528 by Lowboybrian
Fig 2 shows Open signal, open signal return and open thermistor. However Fig 3 A is showing sig wire shorted to ground and then B shows the same with sensor unplugged. Then C shows a shorted sensor still at 0 volts... but then D shows a shorted sensor unplugged jumping back to 5 volts. I agree its confusing I'm just guessing that figure 3 D is showing what happens when you have a fixed 0 volt with a shorted sensor and you unplug it... it should jump back to 5 volts. Where to the contrary... in Fig 2 C an open thermistor reads 5 volts... and still reads 5 volts when the sensor is unplugged. Thats my take on it I guess...

More
3 years 1 month ago #47535 by Mouldsy2020
Ahh. Okay. I see what your saying. I hope Paul can clarify if he sees this. Thanks for the input Brian!

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds