ASE certification

More
3 years 1 month ago #47430 by Mike T
ASE certification was created by Mike T
What is the best way to get ASE certified? I have looked in to it a little but never really needed to be. Now I have received a couple call from costumers with insurance on there vehicles to cover the Mechanic work done on it and they say I would have to be certified. So any help sending me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47431 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic ASE certification
The best way is to sign up for a test! ;) Make an account at ASE.com or my.ase.com/Account/Login . They'll ask you for your info and any work experience you have. Last I knew, ASE certification requires passing at least one test, and having two years of professional work experience.

From there, you sign up and pay to take a computerized test locally. All in-person testing is handled through Prometric. Never had a bad experience with them.

Most technicians I know take A4 Suspension and Steering or A5 Brakes first, as they tend to be the easiest material.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 1 month ago #47444 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic ASE certification
I got a couple study guides from Motor Age for the ones I wanted to take then signed up for the tests like Tyler described.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds