Mobile Diagnostics- part time

More
3 years 2 months ago #46261 by Moses Brown
Hi, My name is Moses Brown living in Monroe NY I have bin in this field of auto repair for the past 20 years and also a graduate of Lincoln Tech Institute Mahwah NJ in 2004 as well certified with ASE L1 advanced engine performance,I was thinking for a long time now to do this diagnostics as a part time job or a hobby , me seeing this clear training from Dannner i got encouraged to my dream ,but i have a few questions in this regards 1) will this training in the premium section suffice for all newer car models 2020 and newer? 2) will this training be good for hybrid or electric cars as well or should i seek special training for that? 3) as i plan to relocate to Casa Grande AZ 30 miles south of Phoenix Soon, is their a training that you know of that will be a help for me ? Will appreciate your response.
Moses Brown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47159 by Mike T
Hey Moses, I didn’t go to college or am I AES certified. But I was thinking about trying to get ASE certified just to say I am. My uncle had his own shop. And My dad was a Mechanic as well. And now I have my own little shop. I have worked on a few hybrids and a couple 2020 vehicles. And I just started using a scope and looked in to Paul’s ( Scanner Danner’s ) class and I do believe it’s going to help me work on everything! I’m always trying to get better and Paul has impressed me so far. I’m not saying don’t look in to more training that’s always smart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tutti57

More
3 years 1 month ago #47166 by Moses Brown
Thanks for your input Mike. I would really want to know what is the most imortant tools to buy to start and for good priced , not having to spend a lot of money to start .

Moses Brown

More
3 years 1 month ago #47169 by Mike T
Man I can tell you the best tool set I have ever seen was A Metwrinch set i think my favorite is a 72 piece Patent No. 5,219,392 and a Solus Edge or one of the Snap on scanners. then you can get a cheap scope. now that i started using a scope i love it

More
3 years 1 month ago #47583 by 70monte
Wow, I hardly ever hear anyone mention "Metrinch" tools. I've had the 62 piece set since the 90's. Actually it was like 48 pieces but I bought the bit driver pieces when they became available. I later bought the big 76 piece set.

I love these tools and use them about 98% of the time.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47594 by Mike T
Lol yeah they are Mechanic’s secret. I have the 72 piece and I got the 1/2” drive set about a year ago. My uncle got me my first set when I was working in his shop in the late 90’s. And I have been in love every sense. When my dad used them he hated them for a while. He thought they where junk until he got to where he could trust they wouldn’t bust his knuckles then he got him a set too. To this day if I go under a vehicle to fix something my set goes with me
The following user(s) said Thank You: 70monte

More
3 years 1 week ago #48247 by John Curtis

moses7698 wrote: Hi, My name is Moses Brown living in Monroe NY I have bin in this field of auto repair for the past 20 years and also a graduate of Lincoln Tech Institute Mahwah NJ in 2004 as well certified with ASE L1 advanced engine performance,I was thinking for a long time now to do this diagnostics as a part time job or a hobby , me seeing this clear training from Dannner i got encouraged to my dream ,but i have a few questions in this regards 1) will this training in the premium section suffice for all newer car models 2020 and newer? 2) will this training be good for hybrid or electric cars as well or should i seek special training for that? 3) as i plan to relocate to Casa Grande AZ 30 miles south of Phoenix Soon, is their a training that you know of that will be a help for me ? Will appreciate your response.
Moses Brown

I'm not ASE certified. I only have my 609 cert.
Here is the best thing about scannerdanner premium. He is 1 teaching you the fundamentals, and he's also teaching you how to think. Those fundamentals and the strategies for problem solving are applicable to anything when it comes to electrical. I don't think theres anything that covers hybrids which I'm starting to see from time to time but I've done a very little bit of training on virtually.

I use launch x431, Autel maxisys, forscan, a cheap handheld autel (419 I think), autel maxiscope, a borescope, a thermal imager, and a whole bunch of scope tools. I carry a very basic set of tools as I don't do much wrenching and some specialty tools in a few bins until I get a van.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

More
3 years 1 week ago #48257 by Tutti57
Take a look at the sticky threads in the diag tools and techniques threads on diag tools. That should get you started.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

More
3 years 12 hours ago - 3 years 12 hours ago #48404 by Flatrater

will this training in the premium section suffice for all newer car models 2020 and newer? 2) will this training be good for hybrid or electric cars as well or should i seek special training for that?

One thing is for sure, we're at the precipice of change. I don't know how anyone could answer that question.

I lived and worked through all the big changes. I was there when electronic ignition was new and scary. I had OBD2 training back in 1994 and it changed the game. More is coming for sure!

That said, what you get with what Paul is offering is solid reasoning with what is current. Some things will transfer to the future and some will not. That goes for what everyone is offering.

I have spent time researching and developing training material for gas, diesel, and hybrid systems. There is a heck of a lot to cover and I'm 7 years from retirement. I'm not going to finish. Paul is offering valuable information, much of it will transfer to other technology.

I don't know where you would go for hybrid or EV training. Most of what the industry offers is garbage. The biggest problem in the automotive training industry is that almost no one understands, or considers, how people learn and how to transfer knowledge. IMHO, Paul is doing a great job.

So... if you're asking if you should subscribe, I'd say yes.
Last edit: 3 years 12 hours ago by Flatrater.

More
2 years 9 months ago #50121 by sharma.ayush
Thanks for your input Mike.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds