testing a test light

More
3 years 6 months ago #43735 by jesg45
testing a test light was created by jesg45
Hello Dan. I was watching your video of, Circuit Identification & Integrity Testing. Have a question on testing a test light to use on testing sensors and low voltage ckts. You said connect the test light in series. Now, do you mean to disconnect any ckt. close to the battery and connect the light in series with the DVOM in the Amp scale or connect the test light on the battery terminals (across) with the DVOM in series on the test light. Dan, all these videos, all these info you put out is very valuable to me or to anyone, I believe. I took a few electrical classes through years and PCM classes, but not how you explain it more thoroughly. Thanks for all your info and all the valuable videos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #43739 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic testing a test light
If you are referring to measuring the current draw of your test-light, like ScannerDanner is mentioning here :

Then, connect your meter and test-light like this:

BTW, ScannerDanner's first name is Paul. Paul Danner. :)

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Chad.

More
3 years 6 months ago #43743 by jesg45
Replied by jesg45 on topic testing a test light
Thank you very much, Paul, for your quick response. I will test my test lights and meters tomorrow. I will keep watching your videos and I,m thinking of buying your diagnostic book real soon. Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds