Check out the ScannerDanner Premium tab!

More
7 years 3 months ago #5161 by ScannerDanner
scannerdanner.com/scannerdanner-premium/...testing-methods.html

Please let me know what you guys think.
Thank you!
Paul

Don't be a parts changer!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 3 months ago #5162 by Noah

ScannerDanner wrote: scannerdanner.com/scannerdanner-premium/...testing-methods.html

Please let me know what you guys think.
Thank you!
Paul

Looks great, time well spent! Having the link to the e-book right there was a good idea too. I keep the paper book in my box, so I don't always have it to reference.
The "expanded content" labeling of the newer material was a good idea too. All around very user friendly.

One suggestion if you don't mind. A "search" tab would be a nice addition.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 3 months ago #5164 by ScannerDanner
Thanks Noah! I'm not sure what all is involved in adding a search box. Great suggestion! I will look into it.
You will find with the expanded content, I used the YouTube editor and chopped out any repeat material, so you can know that when you watch these it will not be the same as the original lectures.
Last thing since I have you here Noah, I no longer need you to add those descriptions for me. I mean you can if you want, but it's not necessary anymore as I have to go back and do the same thing myself. I have no other choice as I am editing too and while I am editing, adding those topics myself actually helps me keep things in order.
Thank you so much for doing those for me my friend. You've been a huge help to me.

• Noah
More
7 years 3 months ago #5165 by Noah
I'm glad it helped you out. It certainly is a lot more complicated than it sounds. I've got a newfound respect for the amount of work and time that must go into producing these on your end.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
7 years 3 months ago #5167 by Tyler
Very slick. B) Love how the videos pop up in widescreen. I also appreciate the E-book link location, very convenient.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5169 by ScannerDanner
Thank you Tyler. Any suggestioms?

More
7 years 3 months ago #5172 by Ro-longo
Looks great, now I just need to find time to check out the expanded content videos.

"Silver bullets are for killing Werewolves, not fixing Cars." -Rob Longoria-

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #5186 by Dylan
Great job Paul. Link to ebook, nice listing, expanded content....definitely works!
Just one question. What's with the 'grey boxes' in the list. I mean they're just there for layout right. Or am I missing something.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Dylan.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5190 by ScannerDanner
Do you mean on the table of contents page? Where it alternates from black to gray between the topics?
I think that is just to help separate each one for your eyes? I can lose it if you think it is annoying. I hadn't even noticed it until you said something.
Let me know Dylan

More
7 years 3 months ago #5193 by Dylan
Oh no I don't find it annoying it's just that I was looking for some logic :)
At first I thought it separated the expanded context from the rest. So it threw me off a little bit. But hey that's personal ;)

More
7 years 3 months ago #5196 by ScannerDanner

Dylan wrote: Oh no I don't find it annoying it's just that I was looking for some logic :)
At first I thought it separated the expanded context from the rest. So it threw me off a little bit. But hey that's personal ;)

It's all good brother. Do you think I should change it? If it was a question in your mind, it is going to be for others too.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #5200 by Tyler

ScannerDanner wrote: Thank you Tyler. Any suggestioms?

Just keep the awesome content coming! :)

I did notice how the pg. 3 expanded content doesn't have any related videos... Unsure if this was intentional or not.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Tyler.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5224 by Andy.MacFadyen
I think I spent 4 hours yesterday split between watching SD Premium videos I had seen before and ones I had missed.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

• Noah
More
7 years 2 months ago #6278 by Noah
The Premium page is coming along nicely, keep up the hard work!

More
7 years 2 months ago #6395 by Dylan
Definitely awesome! Very nice layout, detailed feedback, links, descriptions..... Thumbs up B)

More
7 years 2 months ago #6417 by ScannerDanner

Tyler wrote:

ScannerDanner wrote: Thank you Tyler. Any suggestioms?

Just keep the awesome content coming! :)

I did notice how the pg. 3 expanded content doesn't have any related videos... Unsure if this was intentional or not.

Sorry for the late reply Tyler. Yes, this was intentional. I probably could have found something related, but if it is not directly related to a topic, I won't be using them here.
Of course, I still need to figure out what to do in categorizing the more than 100 case study videos as well. Not sure the plan on that yet.

• Noah
More
7 years 2 months ago #6419 by Noah
I don't envy you on trying to categorize the case study material!

Logically, it would work best with the book to try and fit them into the chapters they apply to, but that's also probably the most time consuming.

You could lump them into manufacturer/system categories. Some of the more casual users may appreciate this approach, considering they're most likey visiting for a specific problem with a specific car.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6421 by ScannerDanner

Noah wrote: I don't envy you on trying to categorize the case study material!

Logically, it would work best with the book to try and fit them into the chapters they apply to, but that's also probably the most time consuming.

You could lump them into manufacturer/system categories. Some of the more casual users may appreciate this approach, considering they're most likey visiting for a specific problem with a specific car.

For sure. it is not going to be fun. I need to keep the lecture series as clean as possible, so I do not want them there.
Then of course, with the case studies, there are so many different topics that may be discussed. Say it is a no spark, and we start with control testing, (chapter 22), then we find out there is a no com and no 5v ref. (chapter 9), then ultimately find a shorted pressure sensor (chapter 8). Where the heck do I put this case study? On ScannerDanner, I would put this in maybe all three chapter playlists? But on the site, that doesn't work. It needs to be under one title. Maybe in this case the playlist needs to be the symptom? (No start troubleshooting?)...sigh

• Noah
More
7 years 2 months ago #6429 by Noah
I think listing them by symptom is a good idea. After all, that's the only thing you know about the car when you get it. It would probably make it easier for people trying figure out a problem to find relevant information.
Then, if the symptoms match or they feel like you've touched on something that could help them diagnose their own car, they can check out the lecture videos that apply to the diagnosis.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds