Diagnostic Tools and Applications

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30075 by EthanWalter
So I began to think that it would be a good idea for us to keep a compiled list of our tools that we use on a day to day basis either in the shop/office or on site. I am hoping this will help us as techs be able to see what is out there for utilities for various tasks in diagnosing system issues and maybe even non techs could benefit from it as well.
mobdro pnrstatus.vip/ sarkariresult.onl/

My end goal is to create a list of tools divided up by category and try to keep it as up to date as possible. I would love for everyone to comment their toolkit and I would be happy to add their tools to the list. I know there are tools out there that probably work really well that I have not used or may not have even heard of.

To be able to format the list I would like to keep things somewhat organized. When you post if you could reference what OS a tool is associated with, is it free or paid, summary of what it is used for, etc. I will use my toolkit to start.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by EthanWalter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30085 by Chad
Here is a thread that Noah started a couple years ago. It might give you something to play with. B)

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/diagnostic-t...nostic-tool-set.html

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #30087 by guafa
Hi everyone,

I suggest to list the tools trying to match them with top time saving. That way we can create a "ranking". something like top ten "effective" tools.

Of course you will always need a screw driver, but it will be more usefull if we list it in order to know how it can help us in a diagnostic.

Next an example of what i mean:

Misfire issues: (1 is the most effective tool detecting misfires quickly and 10 is the less effective)
1. Gas analyser
2. Scanner
3. scopemeter with secondary ignition test lead
4. test light
5. Fuel pressure gauge
6. propane gas bottle

The list above, also reveals the tools I know (or i have) and methods i use to detect a misfire. Someone with another most effective tool can add it to the list and let us know a "faster" way to detect misfire.

What do you think guys?
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by guafa.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds