Hi, im From the uk (england) need a bit more information

More
4 years 11 months ago #29510 by Undisputed
Hi, Paul, Hi everyone thank you i have just signed up for the free trail and enjoying it so far, can i ask i am based in the uk and we work on a lot diesel cars etc... the stuff you teach such as fuel trims and other testing ways 5v ref etc.... and many more, can they be applied on diesels cars and diesel electrics or are they mostly based on petrol (gas) cars cheers mate im been learning for a long time and went to college to do motor mechanics so i know a lot about cars but we was not taught diagnostics much just touched on it cheers also i have a snap on verdict d7 with the 17.2 software so i can follow your stuff more accurately

So what i am asking is what % of the things you teach can be applied over here to us guys i also follw steve from simply diagnostics whoes is based here and as you can see from his videos that is the sort of problems we have over here manily diesels etc.... a bit more info would be great thanks once again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29521 by Landroverman1958
Hi welcome to the forum,you can apply most methods to the diesel systems as most of the sensors are 5v and now going digital on air flow sensors,so all the low amp tests and cranking tests are suitable to diesel.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29622 by Undisputed
Thanks a lot for the info

More
4 years 9 months ago #31283 by Crombie
Yeah I had it once on a Ford Focus Diesel that the PCM shut down the 5v Reference I can't remember why, but the rail pressure sensor was on it and that was the reason I think to protect the engine so it didn't run, I thought I was going to have to get a rail pressure sensor, but after the particular fault was done, then the reference circuit was back and the car ran. I just can't remember the details

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds