GM passlock system

More
5 years 3 months ago #25986 by Dave101
GM passlock system was created by Dave101
Are there any training on bypassing the gm passlock system? I've stumbled onto one that someone tried to bypass the system and the car still won't start. It starts for a few and then cuts out. I don't think the previous tech preformed the bypass correct. This is a 98 truck that the garage changed out the ignition. The new key doesn't have a resistor in it. I saw a video of Paul doing a Cadillac with a resistor in the key. Not helpful in this case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #27986 by brainofknowledge
Replied by brainofknowledge on topic GM passlock system
passlock 2 system don't have a pallet in the key. its in the ignition lock cylinder assembly. there is 3 wires at the top of the lock cylinder assembly that's where you get the resistance value by turning the switch on. then measure with a digital multimeter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #28152 by rpd1125
Replied by rpd1125 on topic GM passlock system
Im not sure if the passLOCK can be bypassed. When the key is inserted, it completes the circuit to produce a specific resistance value then sent to the Passlock module. Its all to allow and enable the fuel pump circuit. The procedure takes about 30 minutes i believe its key on, engine off for 10 minutes and it must be repeated 3 times i think. The procedure is on identafix.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #28158 by brainofknowledge
Replied by brainofknowledge on topic GM passlock system

rpd1125 wrote: Im not sure if the passLOCK can be bypassed. When the key is inserted, it completes the circuit to produce a specific resistance value then sent to the Passlock module. Its all to allow and enable the fuel pump circuit. The procedure takes about 30 minutes i believe its key on, engine off for 10 minutes and it must be repeated 3 times i think. The procedure is on identafix.

of course you can how do you think aftermarket remote start bypass kits work

More
4 years 10 months ago #30923 by aboudehsayed
Replied by aboudehsayed on topic Re:GM passlock system
(null)
and you have another solution , for Gm passlock , it works on Gm 1992 - 2004
You can measure the resistance of the key and Use resistance inside the security system under the dashboard there is 2 wires you can pull the wiring diagram from all data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds