2003 Chevy Avalanche 5 3 Misfire, Restricted Exhaust (Part 2)

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #19621 by SailorBob
www.scannerdanner.com/scannerdanner-prem...-exhaust-part-2.html

I'm still finding interpreting the MAP pid a bit confusing. When it's up on the screen, the scale is inHg, which looks like a vacuum reading on my handheld vacuum gauge. However, it seems like you have to do some math to get the actual reading, like everything is inverted or something.

Anyone have a good explanation of how to read this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #19735 by Dylan
Your MAP pid is in inHg? What scantool do you use. Maybe you can change that. I agree on the gauge. I also have gauges with this unit and sometimes I have to use a converter. Hell we don't even use psi here. It's all metric ;)

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #19741 by SailorBob
I've never worked on a car with a MAP, I'm just going off of what I saw on the SD video referenced above.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #19748 by Tyler
If I remember correctly, you subtract the MAP reading from the BARO reading to get the manifold vacuum reading. I've got data from an '03 Blazer for comparison.

www.scanshare.io/share/heEVuXVVWkiYjDa8EEhdSQ

At WOT, the BARO is 28.6 inHg, and the MAP is around 27 inHg. That'd translate to around 1 inHg vacuum, pretty normal for a WOT run. Earlier in the capture, the engine is idling with a BARO of 29.2 and a MAP of 13.2. That works out to 16 inHg, which isn't surprising considering this Blazer had a dead misfire. :lol:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SailorBob

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #19754 by SailorBob
Thanks! You find that scanshare site useful?

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #19768 by Tyler

SailorBob wrote: Thanks! You find that scanshare site useful?

No problem. ScanShare is fantastic for stuff like this, networking and such. :cheer: It also makes it possible to view scan data captures on my phone and at work.

Case in point, diagnosing a tough one last week. I've got some known good captures at home, but work doesn't have the Snap-On software (ShopStream Connect) installed anywhere. Upload to ScanShare and boom, easy viewing at work.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds