Books or courses as a prerequisite to Scanner Danner premium?

More
6 years 2 months ago #17788 by atyler2013
I want a better understanding of how a circuit works. I feel lost, even watching chapter one scanner danner premium videos. Any suggestions for a guy that doesn't know a diode from a butthole? I don't want to just follow instructions for testing a specific circuit. I want to understand how circuits work, and why the test works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #17796 by eric_generic
You can try here or this one. Use virustotal.com to confirm if the links are legit in the "this one".

I hope that helps. Somehow. Cheers!
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by eric_generic.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17800 by dkggpeters
My recommendation would be to first understand basic circuits and how they work along with Ohms Law. A simple google search "how circuits work" will provide you with a lot of information to get started.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #17809 by Dylan

dkggpeters wrote: My recommendation would be to first understand basic circuits and how they work along with Ohms Law. A simple google search "how circuits work" will provide you with a lot of information to get started.

Agreed. You need some basic understanding of electrical circuits. Don't be discouraged we're all here to help and learn ;)
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Dylan.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17812 by dkggpeters
Also, from what I have seen on this forum, everyone is helpful and very respectful. Very unlike other forums where you get ridiculed for asking a simple question or if you are wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Dylan

More
6 years 2 months ago #17816 by Andy.MacFadyen
I will hunt around the web and see if I can find some pages that might give you a kick start .

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 2 months ago #17828 by Scannerfanner
I like Jim Pytel of BigBadTech, very clear albeit dry videos, but easy to follow

BigBadTech DC playlist

Cheers

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 2 months ago #17839 by Noah
Tst seminars on YouTube has hours of material that can help get you up to speed on circuit design, diagram reading and voltage drop testing.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #17870 by Noah
Plus there's the basic electrical series in SD premium that will go a long way to getting you up to speed.
www.scannerdanner.com/scannerdanner-prem...l-review-part-1.html
Trust me, you're probably not going to get it the first time around. It took me a lot of study and just fooling around with whatever circuitsi could build on my tool box during my lunch. I seriously fell asleep watching a videos until 2am many nights before i felt like I had a foggy but working understanding.
And ask away, there's no reason to ever feel embarrassed about not knowing.
If you really want it, it's there for the taking.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Noah.

More
6 years 1 week ago #20268 by scopeman
Dan Sullivan has some nice material on understanding circuits and explaining diodes resistors etc.just do a search on youtube.

More
6 years 3 days ago #20506 by Tutti57
Ha, yep. I watched the videos like a hit TV series binge. Even if I was falling asleep I would listen with my eyes closed.

Watch as many versions of a topic as you can and it will eventually click. I didn't know any of this stuff a couple of years ago and now when I take practice tests I do better on engine performance and electrical than I do on chassis and engine. I never would have imagined, but most of it came from this forum, the scannerdanner videos, his book, Schrodinger's box videos, Dan Sullivan's book, and motorage magazine and videos.

It's not easy at all and it's too bad that a lot of people think it's a field of just changing parts. Goodness, it is so much more than that!

Noah wrote: Plus there's the basic electrical series in SD premium that will go a long way to getting you up to speed.
www.scannerdanner.com/scannerdanner-prem...l-review-part-1.html
Trust me, you're probably not going to get it the first time around. It took me a lot of study and just fooling around with whatever circuitsi could build on my tool box during my lunch. I seriously fell asleep watching a videos until 2am many nights before i felt like I had a foggy but working understanding.
And ask away, there's no reason to ever feel embarrassed about not knowing.
If you really want it, it's there for the taking.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds