Section 8: Pressure sensors

• Noah
  • Noah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 7 months ago #1901 by Noah

Section 8: Pressure Sensors (New Material)
Around the 6:45 mark, Scanner Danner refers to a case study about a 2000 Grand Am with a collapsed MAP vacuum hose.
It looks like the 4 cylinder engine in the screen capture of the sensor. He shows how the MAP voltage doesn't drop below the idle voltage on decell because of the collapsing hose (really great shot of the hose BTW). This was causing poor acceleration, low power etc.
My initial thought is that this car should be equipped with a MAF. :huh:
Question 1: Is it typical to see such an effect on engine performance on a MAF design caused by a malfunctioning MAP? I have been under the impression that the MAP wouldn't generally effect driveability on a MAF system.
Question 2: What pointed toward the suspicion of the MAP? Even on the screen captures of scan data, there is no mention of the MAF and no MAF data to correspond to the other PIDs. Just TPS, MAP, o2 B1S1 and RPM.
I look forward to discussion on this topic, I wonder if I have been downplaying the importance of this sensor during my diagnosis. :oops:

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Noah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 7 months ago #1947 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Section 8: Pressure sensors
Just got one of these cars in today. I was mistaken, these did not come with a MAF. That explains a lot!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds